General support for problems installing or using Deluge
stupidregocheck
New User
New User

bug? deluged crashes on xbian

Post by stupidregocheck »

deluged crashes on xbian culminating in this message:

Code: Select all

VerificationError: importing '/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/_Cryptography_cffi_813c10e0x7adb75f8.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so': /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/_Cryptography_cffi_813c10e0x7adb75f8.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so: symbol SSLv2_client_method, version OPENSSL_1.0.0 not defined in file libssl.so.1.0.0 with link time reference
I compiled the latest version of deluge and installed it (as per instructions here: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Installing/Source)

/usr/bin/deluged -v reports:

Code: Select all

deluged: 1.3.15
libtorrent: 0.16.18.0
I know nothing about python but investigation states SSLv2_client_method doesn't get compiled into openssl (due to 'issues').

I assume this is more of a python issue but it doesn't hurt to float the issue here.

I have run deluged for months before this issue struck. The newly installed version I performed replaced deluged: 1.3.10 with no change to libtorrent

The attached file is the full debug output

Why does it use python 2 (2.7 in this case) rather than 3.n?
Attachments
deluged_crash.txt
(3.44 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: bug? deluged crashes on xbian

Post by Cas »

This is an issue with your installed packages not with Deluge or Python, it's an OpenSSL issue. e.g. https://superuser.com/questions/553766/ ... -not-found

The python versions are irrelevant and it's non-trivial to convert from py2 to py3.
stupidregocheck
New User
New User

Re: bug? deluged crashes on xbian

Post by stupidregocheck »

It might very well be a package issue but it isn't related to openssl; that's installed.

The key is this part of the final error message:
_Cryptography_cffi_813c10e0x7adb75f8.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so: symbol SSLv2_client_method, version OPENSSL_1.0.0 not defined in file libssl.so.1.0.0