[SOLVED] Can not edit Preferences on 1.3.15

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mylesmadness

Re: [SOLVED] Can not edit Preferences on 1.3.15

Post by mylesmadness »

Did everything ever end up getting updated? Fedora still has this bug, and the fedora package is built from the source tarballs.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Ah I didn't get around to creating a new source tarball. Has the bug been reported to them as there is a fix in 1.3-stable branch.

See: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3039
computerprep
New User
New User

Post by computerprep »

This seems to be happening on Windows for me. I've found threads about this problem in Mac and Linux, and even found the 1.3.15.1 app for Mac. Has anyone else run across this preferences bug on Windows?
computerprep
New User
New User

Post by computerprep »

This is happening on Windows now, too.

Problem began for me randomly in 1.3.13. I hadn't noticed that 1.3.14 was released. So I updated to 1.3.15 to see if it was repaired. No dice. And I've downloaded the preferences.py fix that was linked above, still no changes.

Is anyone else seeing this problem in Windows?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Your issue is completely unrelated to this one. Please open a new thread, with full details of the issue.
jtl
New User
New User

Post by jtl »

Please update the 1.3.15 release tarball with the patch for this bug (or give it a new version number). I'm running Void Linux and the "binary" package is from the source tarball which still has this bug. I asked Void Linux package maintainers if they could patch the binary package but they decided against it saying it's better to get the bug fixed in a new release upstream (which I can understand)

Thanks!
jtl
New User
New User

Post by jtl »

In the end I added a patch to the Deluge 1.3.15 srcpkg for Void Linux and it's been merged into the void-packages tree.

https://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/pull/14107