1.3.14 on Synology

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
lemo
New User
New User

1.3.14 on Synology

Post by lemo »

Is 1.3.14 available to install on a Synology NAS? (Specifically the DS216j)
If so, can someone point me in the direction of getting it set up please?
Many thanks
Tvich

Re: 1.3.14 on Synology

Post by Tvich »

Not on DS216j. There is an old package in synocommunity (v1.3.13-7), did you test it?
In theory, you could try searching for Debian Chroot, install it and then build deluge in chroot?
lemo
New User
New User

Post by lemo »

Thank you. Yes, I have 1.3.13 running from the synocommunity and it runs very well. The reason for my ask is the changelog for .14 seems to fix some important issues.

I've not heard of Dedian Chroot before so I've done some (minor) research on it and installed it. It looks like this may be an option. Do you know of any good walkthrough guides to give me a bump start with the Deluge package installations? There is a lot of info. out there but it all seems very contradictory on the approach.
Thanks again - really appreciate the pointers.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Once the chroot setup is done, maybe you can use the installation for Debian from the PPA (see support).
I'm not familiar with chroot/Synology but once the root folder is set and if the OS is compatible with Debian, the installation from PPA should be fine no?

Edit: I've seen reference to a french forum with syno/chroot/PPA install. The PPA part can be updated with the commands in support section (jessie) but the idea seems valid https://www.forum-nas.fr/viewtopic.php?t=1546