[Solved] [Bug] "Auto add .torrents from" always unchecks itself

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Paddy Landau
New User
New User

[Solved] [Bug] "Auto add .torrents from" always unchecks itself

Post by Paddy Landau »

Regarding the option Edit > Preferences > Downloads > Folders > "Auto add .torrents from"

Whenever I start Deluge, for example after starting my computer in the morning, this option is always unchecked. It doesn't matter how often I check the option and press "Apply" then "OK"; once I close Deluge and restart it, the option is always unchecked.

The option does, however, remember which folder I specified.

I have double-checked that the folder actually exists and that I have full read-write access to it (it's just a standard folder). I tried specifying a different folder, and while the new folder was correctly remembered, the option still unchecked itself on restarting Deluge.

All other options are correctly remembered.

I am using Deluge 1.3.14 on Linux Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit).
Last edited by Paddy Landau on Fri May 05, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Re: [Bug] "Auto add .torrents from" always unchecks itself

Post by gderf »

Same thing here. Deluge 1.3.14-0~xenial~ppa1 on Linux Mint 18.1 and deluged 1.3.14-0~precise~ppa1 on OMV 2.2.14 (Debian wheezy based).
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Check the logs
Paddy Landau
New User
New User

Post by Paddy Landau »

Cas wrote:Check the logs
I didn't know where to find the logs, so I ran:
deluge-gtk -L debug -l ~/deluge.log

From deluge.log, I noted that the config entry for my auto-add folder refers to three different folders. The first two are noted as u'enabled': False — as they should be, given that they no longer exist. (Should they still be listed?) The third, which is u'enabled': True, is the one that I want to use.

Here is something interesting. I went into the Preferences dialogue and checked the auto-add option, and pressed Apply. The instant that I pressed Apply, the console displayed a set of error messages, three times (each time was identical). I found that this happens even when I make no changes at all to the Preferences. Here is the set of error messages:

Code: Select all

Unhandled error in Deferred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/pluginmanager.py", line 114, in run_on_apply_prefs
    function()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/AutoAdd-1.5.egg/autoadd/gtkui.py", line 328, in on_apply_prefs
    client.autoadd.set_options(watchdir_id, watchdir)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/client.py", line 504, in __call__
    return self.daemon.call(self.base, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/client.py", line 457, in call
    return defer.maybeDeferred(m, *copy.deepcopy(args), **copy.deepcopy(kwargs))
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 150, in maybeDeferred
    result = f(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/AutoAdd-1.5.egg/autoadd/core.py", line 140, in set_options
    CheckInput(os.path.isdir(options['abspath']), _("Path does not exist."))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/AutoAdd-1.5.egg/autoadd/core.py", line 88, in CheckInput
    raise Exception(message)
exceptions.Exception: Path does not exist.
Paddy Landau
New User
New User

Post by Paddy Landau »

Further note:
I manually changed ~/.config/deluge/autoadd.conf (while Deluge was not running) to remove all but the wanted folder (ensuring that it was numbered "1"), but the problem, including the error messages, persists.
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

I looked into this further here and this is what I found.

If this setting ("Auto add .torrents from") is enabled AND the AutoAdd Plugin is also enabled with one or more watched folders defined and enabled, then the reported behavior is seen, ie the checkmark applied to "Auto add .torrents from" does not survive a Deluge restart.

If I disable the AutoAdd plugin, then "Auto add .torrents from" behaves properly and the checkmark setting is retained across Deluge restarts.

Since I want to have multiple folders watched to automatically add torrents from, I leave the AutoAdd plugin enabled and leave "Auto add .torrents from" disabled.

Hope this helps.
Paddy Landau
New User
New User

Post by Paddy Landau »

@gderf, this is most helpful, thank you!

It seems that the AutoAdd plugin disables the built-in function. This makes complete sense, as they would otherwise interfere with each other.

I had thought that the AutoAdd plugin was required to watch a folder; I didn't realise that it replaced the built-in function. But your explanation clarified things for me. It completely explains what was happening.

I only want a single folder watched, so I have disabled the AutoAdd plugin and I am now using the built-in function. It works now, thank you.

I have made a note of this for future.
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Re: [Solved] [Bug] "Auto add .torrents from" always unchecks itself

Post by gderf »

Glad it's all sorted out for you.