[Solved] Deluge web closing prematurely connection to Nginx

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Shinosha
New User
New User

[Solved] Deluge web closing prematurely connection to Nginx

Post by Shinosha »

Hello,

So my problem is simple : whenever I try to reach deluge web I get an HTTP 502 back. I'm using Nginx as a reverse proxy to deluge-web and I initially thought it was some configuration issue but since it worked before I'm pretty sure I messed up some things in my deluge configuration. Besides in my Nginx error log I have :
upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream
I also saw that Nginx is routing to the proper URL (localhost:8112). Clearly I must have screwed up something when I was fiddling with my deluge systemd configuration (that's when the problem suddenly appeared), although I didn't do anything much besides creating/deleting and stopping/restarting them. What's weird is that my deluge-web et deluged services are up and running and I have nothing in the log files... Firewall looks good as well.

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Deluge 1.3.14

deluged-web.service :

Code: Select all

[Unit]
Description=Deluge Bittorrent Client Web Interface
After=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=simple
User=deluge
Group=deluge
UMask=027
ExecStart=/usr/bin/deluge-web -L error -l /home/deluge/deluge-web.log
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Thanks for any pointers !
Shinosha
New User
New User

Re: Deluge web closing prematurely connection to Nginx

Post by Shinosha »

Ok finally figured it out. When I was messing with my web.conf trying to understand stuff (I may do another topic about that btw), I put the https setting to true, which was stupid since I don't need my connection between nginx and deluge-web to be secured. Since certs didn't exist or something I assume deluge got confused.