Deluge 1.3.14 under Fedora Core does not show torrents

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jethan
New User
New User

Deluge 1.3.14 under Fedora Core does not show torrents

Post by jethan »

I have been running deluge for at least two years now on a Fedora Core System, currently FC24 with all required updates installed, as a daemon.
In order to access the client, I use the deluge GUI.
The client and the gui connect with no problems even though the daemon runs with a userid different from the default deluge. (I know the manual states that you should run the daemon under a userid called deluge but that does not seem to be the problem as I access the client deluged vie the 127.0.0.1 address anyway.)

I also sometimes use deluge-console which too works just fine.

Since upgrading deluge from 1.3.12 to 1.3.14, about two weeks ago, the gui does not show individual torrents.

The left hand group menu, which usually shows the various states and the connected trackers, the number of torrents still show and the information given here is valid and fits the number of torrents, I usually have between 300 and 500 torrents seeding and downloading on this machine.
The main information, the list of individual torrents, is empty and I get and individual torrent information.
The rest of the client and the gui, e.g. when registering a new torrent, works fine, but of course, I have a hell of a time changing e.g. the file system the torrent is stored on.

I just do not get any display of individual torrents.

The same happened to the web ui, group and status information is available but no individual torrent information is displayed.
The client works fine and I can control most of the operation by using the deluge-console program.

When calling the deluge program, there is no error message displayed on the console, so this seems to work fine and the required system libs are all there.

When downgrading to deluge 1.3.12, all displays are back to normal, so the problem seems to be connected to the 1.3.14 version of deluge.

The rest of deluge on my system works fine, including the client program.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-04-11 15-09-08.png
Screenshot from 2017-04-11 15-09-08.png (65.61 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge 1.3.14 under Fedora Core does not show torrents

Post by Cas »

If you are using libtorrent 1.1.2 then see this ticket: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3008

You should report this to Fedora bug tracker too.
jethan
New User
New User

Re: Deluge 1.3.14 under Fedora Core does not show torrents

Post by jethan »

Hi Cas,

thanks for the reply.

my system has two libraries called:

rb_libtorrent-python2-1.1.2-1.fc24.x86_64
rb_libtorrent-1.1.2-1.fc24.x86_64

installed.
I did apply the patches you mentioned in http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3008 but that did not change anything, but I share you view that this is probably an issue with the library.

Already reported it to Fedora bug tracker.