How to stop seeding ASAP?!

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Nydra

How to stop seeding ASAP?!

Post by Nydra »

I'm new to Deluge, coming from uTorrent, but with Deluge, I can't figure out a way to stop seeding my torrents, I've done what google says and went into Preferences, Que, and switched everything to 0, but for some reason "Stop seeding when share ratio reaches 0.50" can't go under 0.50 no matter what... -_-

How do I fix this so I can quit seeding the moment the torrent is finished downloading?
I don't want the torrents to seed, period... Is there a way to fix this?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: How to stop seeding ASAP?!

Post by shamael »

I guess if the port of your config is not configured on your router (inbound port in the config) you won't be able to seed but well to download.
Not seeding is against the torrent's mind from my perspective but I guess you have your reason. Why not simply remove the torrent from the interface (not the file downloaded)? So you seed for the time the file is in Deluge but not afterward.
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

Nydra

Post by Nydra »

I can't "just change" 0.1 to 0, it's locked at 0.5 and won't let me put it anything below 0.5...
Also, this shouldn't have to do with my router at all, on uTorrent, all I had to do was right click my torrent when it was seeding, then click on stop.
How do I do that with Deluge so I don't seed at all?

I understand people are against people not seeding, but I would just very much rather not seed, at all, so how do I put a complete stop to it with Deluge?
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

@Nydra

Did you actually read the post I referred you to? If you did you would find it does exactly what you want.
Nydra

Post by Nydra »

Yes, I read it, but I have zero idea how to use Python, not that kind of tech savy, is there not a way to stop seedings from Deluge itself?
Also is it normal for finished torrents to be "Queued" ?
Nydra

Post by Nydra »

Also, I don't have a clue what Glade is...
Second, what jackwagon thought it was a good idea to pre-set the lowest share ratio to 0.50?
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

Selection_001.jpg
Selection_001.jpg (66.32 KiB) Viewed 62986 times
You don't need to know anything about Glade or Python.

All you need to know is how to find and edit the cited file, that's it. Just change the 0.5 in the cited line to 0.0, save the file and restart Deluge Client.

Then edit your Preferences | Queue | Seeding section. Put 0 in all the boxes (including the one that now magically allows you to put in a value less than 0.50). Also put a check in the box to "Remove torrent when share ratio reached."

Just keep notes about this because when you update Deluge, that file will probably get changed back the way it was, and if so, just edit it again.

There you go. Exactly what you asked for.

That jackwagon would be the author of the program and s/he does read this forum :D
Nydra

Post by Nydra »

gderf wrote:
Selection_001.jpg
You don't need to know anything about Glade or Python.

All you need to know is how to find and edit the cited file, that's it. Just change the 0.5 in the cited line to 0.0, save the file and restart Deluge Client.

Then edit your Preferences | Queue | Seeding section. Put 0 in all the boxes (including the one that now magically allows you to put in a value less than 0.50). Also put a check in the box to "Remove torrent when share ratio reached."

Just keep notes about this because when you update Deluge, that file will probably get changed back the way it was, and if so, just edit it again.

There you go. Exactly what you asked for.

That jackwagon would be the author of the program and s/he does read this forum :D
So how do I find that file then, where would it be exactly?
As for the author, idk why he/she had to make it so difficult to do this. -_-
Nydra

Post by Nydra »

Basically, is there an actual tutorial on how to do this and where to find the file, with the exact steps needed? I'm not THAT level of tech savy, not yet at least.

Edit, I found the file, loaded it into Notepad, changed what needed to be changed, hit save, and said Access Is Denied.. Help?

Also, what in gods name does sudo gedit mean?
I am running Windows 10, not Linux.