Deluge stops seeding after download

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
huskermdl
New User
New User

Deluge stops seeding after download

Post by huskermdl »

I'm currently running Deluge 1.3.12 on Ubuntu 16.04.

The torrent seems to seed fine when it's downloading, but it stops as soon as the file finishes. It looks like it's not really connecting to peers (maybe between 1-3) with no upload speed although it says it's seeding. I've changed the speeds to unlimited, but I feel like that's not really the issue. I've tried setting it to random ports between 50'000 and 60'000, but I don't think it likes whatever port number it gets assigned. I haven't really messed with firewall settings or port forwarding settings though. I tried using uTorrent and Transmission as well, but they both encountered the same issue.
Attachments
deluge.png
deluge.png (236.42 KiB) Viewed 7222 times
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge stops seeding after download

Post by shamael »

Hi huskermdl

You figure it out: the incoming port has to be set and you have to enter in your router a port forwarding rule. The uPnP is supposed to do it automatically but it almost never worked for me. You need to figure out the following:
- set in Deluge a fixed incoming port in the range 50000-60000, lets say 53455
- on the computer/server running Deluge daemon you may have to open this port in the firwall (depends of your OS)
- fix the IP of your server/computer. This could be done directly in your router if feature supported by a bind between the mac address of your network car and the desired ip or simply set the local IP from dhcp to fix IP
- configure the router port forwarding: for the fixed IP selected open the port (from 53455 to 53455) in TCP and UDP

the fix IP is need to give the ability to set the router port forwarding rule in the router (per IP). And the rule itself open the route for incoming leecher up to the torrent server (Deluge). Multiple tutorial are available on the web and it's easier than it seems
huskermdl
New User
New User

Post by huskermdl »

Thanks for the reply shamael, I'll be sure to test it out when I get home today.
huskermdl
New User
New User

Post by huskermdl »

So after finally testing it out, it appears the issue is still there. I'm at least getting a green check mark for active port now though, so there's that.

Edit: It appears that i was wrong in my original post. When downloading, I'm not uploading anything either.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Please do a test with http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and the port you configured. If the port is well open from the outside maybe no one is looking for the files you seed. To test it take a test torrent file like the ones under "BitTorrent" section https://www.ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads and select the column "ratio" in your Deluge client. This Ubuntu torrent should seeds in a short period.