Deluge removed my 350+ seeding torrents. WTF???!!!

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
seanvree

Deluge removed my 350+ seeding torrents. WTF???!!!

Post by seanvree »

So I have deluge running on a local windows VM behind a VPN.

After a windows update, the box booted back up and all the torrents were gone. Cool. So I went to my \data\state folder and all the torrents are there. YAY

So my question is do I have to RE-ADD all those one by one, right?

And when I do, if the torrent data was in different folders from my "download" folder, then I have to make sure the download path is whatever path the actual data is in...wich is brutal given that I had 350+ torrents separated in 5 diff directories.

So I'm confused how adding the torrent from the \data\state folder is any diff than just re-adding the as if I just re-downloaded it from the torrent source?

Cheers.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge removed my 350+ seeding torrents. WTF???!!!

Post by shamael »

Don't you have in the state folder a torrents.state file or torrents.state.bak (backup file)?
This file should contain the folder loaded in Deluge as displayed in the GTK client.
seanvree

Post by seanvree »

shamael wrote:Don't you have in the state folder a torrents.state file or torrents.state.bak (backup file)?
This file should contain the folder loaded in Deluge as displayed in the GTK client.
Yes, I do have that file. So what do I do? Just rename that file to torrents.state then restart the dameon?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Keep a good backup of all the files in this folder (somewhere else). Check the content of this bak file, does it well represent the previous situation?
If yes give it a try yes. It's supposed to be a backup