Deluge on Raspberry Pi - default access rights

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge on Raspberry Pi - default access rights

Post by shamael »

I'm running a mix of kodi/Deluge/Samba and faced this issue myself, ending with workarounds but functional setup

some problem I faced to (may help for the futur)
- Deluge downloads to structured folders (movies/TVshow/etc) shared by samba for other media devices in house. As files are still loaded in Deluge all users copied by users need to be accessible by Deluge
- Kodi indexes the content of Deluge folders but not all, I have the ability to choose depending of the folder if Kodi is able to see the content or not.

Figure it out all together and, for me at least, it was challenging.

The way I chose was the group membership, extended ACL, and cron. The cron is needed for torrents with subfolder: even with default ACL set and ownership the files in subfolders still use the deluge:deluge permission but this is a Linux concern.

Some tips:
- If Samba is not considered and you simply want the ability to manage torrents you can add your pi user to the group "deluge". If the group has the right permissions it should be fine.

- you can set default permission on a folder with for example:
sudo chmod -R g+ws,o-rwx $folder #add write permission for group and set it default for all new file/folder + remove all permission for others
(adapt for your needs)

- For subfolder not taking the default ACL (see prior line) I ended with a cron setting the
*/10 * * * * /bin/chown -R $user:$group $folder & /bin/chmod -R g+ws,o-rwx $folder
Variable to adapt of course but this set each 10 min the user and group for all files contained in $folder, ad add the correct ACL too.

As said, just add the pi user in deluge group and check if permission of deluge group are high enough to match your need are enough maybe. For example by samba you need sometime the execution permission to handle file properly
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge on Raspberry Pi - default access rights

Post by shamael »

PS: next time I'll start with the easy way maybe sufficient...