Understanding Queue settings

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Thiago_Rangel7
New User
New User

Understanding Queue settings

Post by Thiago_Rangel7 »

Hi
I can't quite understand how Queue settings work. I would really appreciate if someone could give me an overall explanation.

Also, I'm setting up a Raspberry Pi seedbox (running Raspbian), and I'd like to know what is the best Queue settings: should I max out active torrents (some value like 999), or use some value like 20~30 and then cycle queue the rest of the torrents? I've read that queueing can help overall upload speeds, but I don't know if this information is relevant for a Seedbox config.

I'd like to give an example: I have about 70 .torrent files loaded on Deluge, but my Active Torrents setting is at 20, so I end up with 50 queued and 20 seeding torrents. 15 of my seeding torrents don't have peers at this moment, so their upload speed is 0 KB/s, as they are uploading nothing; on the other hand, 17 of my queued torrents have lots of peers to upload to, but they are NOT uploading because they need to wait the queue cycle.
At this point of my understanding, it looks like I'm operating at a non-optimal situation, as the 15 seeding torrents that don't have peers could open up space to the ones that have peers, but are queueing.

Another example situation that bothers me is: if I have 3 active torrents uploading at fast speeds, and then their cycle end; what will happen? Will they stop uploading and start queueing, giving their position to other 3 torrents that may be don't even have peers to upload to? This would really prejudice my private tracker's ratio, as I could keep uploading some good torrents instead of stopping them to free up space to other torrents that won't even upload..

Hope I made myself clear (English is not my native language). Thanks in advance :)
Tor
New User
New User

Re: Understanding Queue settings

Post by Tor »

Have you enabled "automatic management" (or whatever) for each of your torrents? I believe it is enabled by default. I have been having similar issues cycling both uploading/downloading torrents but thought it was because I had explicitly disabled automatic management for a certain number of torrents.

I am new to Deluge and would like to find out how to seed as much as possible, particularly underdog torrents without many seeders.
Thiago_Rangel7
New User
New User

Post by Thiago_Rangel7 »

Tor wrote:Have you enabled "automatic management" (or whatever) for each of your torrents?
Yes, it is enabled
Tor
New User
New User

Post by Tor »

Perhaps the "seed time" setting under queue/seed can help. That could be the time that Deluge spends trying to seed before rotating through the queue.
Thiago_Rangel7
New User
New User

Post by Thiago_Rangel7 »

I'd like some further, detailed, explanation about this, please. Someone?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Hi,

You can find more information on this post http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=33263
I guess you have to tick the "do not count slow torrent" to avoid them taking a slot. Having the same RPI seedbox setup as you I personally update the total active torrent above the total torrent. Maybe not the best way but fits my need.