Deluge on Raspberry Pi - All torrents require force recheck

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
bdiz
New User
New User

Deluge on Raspberry Pi - All torrents require force recheck

Post by bdiz »

I'm using Deluged on Raspberry pi, all torrents are going to a local USB hard drive which is samba shared to a Windows computer running the Plex Media server. All the torrents download via RSS subscription. I'd say 90% of the time I have playback issues with files downloaded with deluge, which is fixed when I do a force recheck on the file. It will verify up to somewhere around 99.4% and then download the remaining, fixing the file. Why is this a issue and what can I do to avoid it? ideally it would be nice to have a way to automatically force recheck a file after completion - but if there is a way to fix this properly I'm all ears.
Tor
New User
New User

Re: Deluge on Raspberry Pi - All torrents require force recheck

Post by Tor »

I have heard of this issue, though it has only happened twice to me (out of 300+ torrents).
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

RPI+localUSB (ext4) with kodi+samba share for remote Win PC (not using plex so but well Kodi locally on the RPI). I never faced this issue.
Do you think possible the plex server locks somehow the file ? Can you try to stop the Plex server+complete a download on the RPI
A check through the samba share after completion will tell you the story and maybe give a clue
Thiago_Rangel7
New User
New User

Post by Thiago_Rangel7 »

I faced this issue a while ago, and it turned out to be a problem with the "run on startup" config. How did you set it up?
fred44nl

Post by fred44nl »

are you downloading the files into the same folder that Plex is using for streaming those files ??
bdiz
New User
New User

Post by bdiz »

Sorry for the late bump, I didn't know I had replies :-|
Thiago_Rangel7 wrote:I faced this issue a while ago, and it turned out to be a problem with the "run on startup" config. How did you set it up?
I just followed a random tutorial online to get deluge running on RPi 3, is there a run on startup configuration setting I need to fix?

fred44nl wrote:are you downloading the files into the same folder that Plex is using for streaming those files ??
I'm downloading the files to a local USB hard drive connected to the Raspberry Pi. I have that hard drive shared via samba for windows to access it, and told plex to look for video files on //RASPBERRYPI/Plex/

I tried exchanging the hard drive with an SSD and while I'm happy with the speed increase I still have to force recheck every torrent and 9/10 are redownloading @ 99.9x%
bdiz
New User
New User

Post by bdiz »

shamael wrote:RPI+localUSB (ext4) with kodi+samba share for remote Win PC (not using plex so but well Kodi locally on the RPI). I never faced this issue.
Do you think possible the plex server locks somehow the file ? Can you try to stop the Plex server+complete a download on the RPI
A check through the samba share after completion will tell you the story and maybe give a clue

Wouldn't plex locking the file just simply error the download, not return that it's 100% complete and good to go? Plex has a setting to automatically detect changes to a folder, but that feature doesn't work on network shares according to their support forum, (I have it set to manually check the networkshare every hour) But I never have to recheck torrents if I use qbittorrent on my windows machine instead of the RPi going to the same network share.