Deluge Not Connected - Can't start local daemon

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
pchc_lx

Deluge Not Connected - Can't start local daemon

Post by pchc_lx »

Fresh install of Ubuntu & Deluge. Set up & configured Deluge fine previously, all torrents added, webview working, all nice.

Now attempting to launch, I get the red X Not Connected and in connection manager, 127.0.0.1:58846 with status X next to it. Clicking Refresh, Connect, or Start Local Daemon all do nothing.

Running

Code: Select all

deluged
from the terminal gives me

[ERROR   ] 11:37:29 main:240 There is a deluge daemon running with this config directory!
[ERROR   ] 11:37:29 main:241 You cannot run multiple daemons with the same config directory set.
[ERROR   ] 11:37:29 main:242 If you believe this is an error, you can force a start by deleting /home/linux/.config/deluge/deluged.pid.
Attempting to naviagate to webview at http://localhost:8112/ gives me a failed connection.
Running

deluge-web
in the terminal allows http://localhost:8112/ Deluge Web to load to the Connection Manager with host 127.0.0.1:58846 Status Offline

Running

killall deluged
deluged
returns

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/_libtorrent.py:59: RuntimeWarning: to-Python converter for boost::shared_ptr<libtorrent::alert> already registered; second conversion method ignored.
  import libtorrent as lt
[ERROR   ] 11:40:47 preferencesmanager:502 Unable to load geoip database!
[ERROR   ] 11:40:47 preferencesmanager:503 'session' object has no attribute 'load_country_db'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/preferencesmanager.py", line 500, in _on_geoip_db_location
    self.session.load_country_db(str(geoip_db))
AttributeError: 'session' object has no attribute 'load_country_db'
which I thought was just the standard error returns.

Some errors lead me to believe deluged daemon is already running (auto at startup?) but on a different port or? I thought perhaps I had to forward these ports, which I have done, but see no change. I vaguely understand the difference in the ThinClient vs the Classic / GTKUI thing, I think? This is all on the same machine, I'm not sure how to connect to the daemon. I like the idea of Deluge auto running at startup, not needing the UI and being able to check on it via the webUI. But honestly even after using Deluge for several years now I feel like I don't totally understand it's various configurations and how/why to use them. And why it's currently broken or how to fix it.

Thanks for any/all help.
pchc_lx

Re: Deluge Not Connected - Can't start local daemon

Post by pchc_lx »

sorry.. bumping this in case I can get help. haven't been able to use my Deluge in some time now

screenshot attached.
any/all help seriously appreciated!
Attachments
deluge.png
deluge.png (83.21 KiB) Viewed 29506 times
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Do you have a deluged daemon running anywhere? If you just want to single interface then tick classic mode in prefs.

Depends also which user you are running deluged with and which config it is using. Have you enabled logging for deluge and deluged?
pchc_lx

Post by pchc_lx »

Thanks for the response, killing deluged and enabling Classic mode seems to work as expected (though the fastresume file seemed to have been corrupted somehow and I needed to delete it to get Deluge to open the first time).

Is this configuration appropriate for an always-on HTPC / media server machine running 24/7? In the past I'd had Deluge freeze up after 48-72hrs of runtime while sitting in the tray. I had thought running deluged in the background and monitoring via the webui was the smarter way to do it but to be honest I'm not totally sure what the different configurations of Deluge are intended for or how to configure correctly for my needs.

Thank you regardless.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Not really. deluged is designed to run in the background, have you tried running it as a service? Perhaps this is your issue: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/User ... alUIClient

If you follow the guides there should be no problems running deluged and accessing it locally or remotely with deluge.