WebUI Unresponsive Under High Load

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
houdini2889
New User
New User

WebUI Unresponsive Under High Load

Post by houdini2889 »

I've got Deluge running via Docker on my Synology NAS. It always worked great but as I accumulated more and more torrents the Web UI has become increasingly unresponsive. It's at the point now where 99% of the time I can't view any of the torrents at all. The interface loads but no torrents are shown. I know that the daemon is still working because I can see the results on various tracker sites.

Is this a known issue? Is there some sort of limit to the number of torrents or the amount of data that the Web UI can handle? I'm looking at every other client out there to see if they can handle the high load and while some of them appear to be up to the task (uTorrent, qbittorrent), they seem to lack features in Deluge I like.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: WebUI Unresponsive Under High Load

Post by Cas »

How many torrents? Have you tried the thinclient setup?
houdini2889
New User
New User

Post by houdini2889 »

Cas wrote:How many torrents? Have you tried the thinclient setup?
Between 600-700 torrents.

I'm not sure about the Thin Client. I don't see the "Classic Mode" checkbox option in "Preferences > Interface" so I guess that means my Docker image doesn't work with the thin client. I'll shop around to see if there's an image that offers this option.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I meant you can install Deluge on your desktop and configure it as thinclient to connect to daemon.
houdini2889
New User
New User

Post by houdini2889 »

Cas wrote:I meant you can install Deluge on your desktop and configure it as thinclient to connect to daemon.
I've tried using the MacOS interface to connect to the daemon running on Synology. I'm still seeing the same phenomenon. It seems like the bottleneck is with the daemon and not the client. The Deluge daemon (running in Docker) is eating up the most CPU and RAM of any container running on the system (about 25% CPU and ~300MB RAM).

The Synology I have is pretty underpowered. Are there any recommended minimum specs for running Deluge under high load?
houdini2889
New User
New User

Post by houdini2889 »

UPDATE: Once the ~700 torrents got loaded from the watch directory the interface on OSX started responding. Thanks for your help!