Need Work Around for FireFox SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
NuttBoxer

Need Work Around for FireFox SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL

Post by NuttBoxer »

I think this happened because at some point as I was trying to fix my libtorrent issue, I deleted my cert, but not totally. Anyway this seems to be a VERY long-standing, known issue with Firefox, but hoping someone will have a work-around. I tried removing the server certs in Firefox, but it's still recognizing the serial number from somewhere. I think if I could download then, add the cert to firefox, it would have to take it, but when I try that I prompted for the certs password, which I don't have. Tried the default web login password, that is not it.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Need Work Around for FireFox SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL

Post by Cas »

It's not the certs themselves it's the exception for the self-signed cert in Firefox that needs cleared. Have you tried this:
http://howtofixthis.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/firefox-error-code-secerrorreusedissuer.html wrote:Firefox - Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial
Most likely it is due to a conflict in self signed certificate that you added as exception in Firefox.

Close Firefox & delete C:\Documents and Settings\<userAccount>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<userProfile>\cert8.db. This will basically remove all the exceptions that you have added earlier.

Note: At times I had to delete the cert_override.txt file too from the same folder to get things working.

Open Firefox again, you should be good.
NuttBoxer

Re: Need Work Around for FireFox SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL

Post by NuttBoxer »

That was the fix, thanks Cas!