YaRSS2 crashes my modem

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
cokefriend
New User
New User

YaRSS2 crashes my modem

Post by cokefriend »

I've noticed that every weekday, around 9pm (when shows come out and YaRSS2 actually gets a match on my 30 minute RSS feed checker), my modem lights will freeze and then completely go off.
The modem then takes about 5 minutes to reset and about an hour later, it will happen again when there's another hit.
I have 4 RSS feed subscriptions enabled with interval timers of 30,35,1440 and 4000 minutes, so I don't think the checks are too frequent given the TTL/recommended value is 15 minute intervals.
The main feed causing the crashes is rarbg, maybe that has something to do with it? But then I would expect it to crash every time it checks the feed every 30 minutes rather than only when it matches.
My internet speed is 330/20 mbps and my modem/router is the Hitron CGN3ASMR.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Would appreciate any replies regarding this. Thanks.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: YaRSS2 crashes my modem

Post by shamael »

hi cokefriend,

Not the same HW nor plugin but I face such an issue linked to the number of connections used. Maybe just try to reduce the total number of connection of Deluge to let's say 200 for a test. Maybe totally out of scope but easy to try :).
cokefriend
New User
New User

Post by cokefriend »

Will try when I'm home. Is there any explanation of how connections links to DL speed on torrents? I see a lot of guides with general connections # guidelines, but no explanation and all with non-modern speeds (usually say if ur download speed is above 10 megabits, while mine is above 300) which makes it kind of confusing as to what an actual good range of connections would be at.

EDIT: Modem crashed again upon downloading today's episode of Modern Family.
I have only about 15 torrents seeding which are basically inactive at all times, so dunno what's going on.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/User ... thTweaking but it meanly depends of the hardware you use. following the device I use (modem/router replacement) the total bandwidth remains the same but I need to change the number of connections. Obviously no issue with top range hardware but the ISP modem is not a choice a can deal with in my location :/

So it crashed with the total connections set to around 200? Maybe an hardware issue. The historical lowest value I had to use last 5 years is 200 (buggy modem).
cokefriend
New User
New User

Post by cokefriend »

How are my settings?
I'm going to rule it as a hardware problem as a last resort, I'd like to make sure it's nothing regarding my settings or software first.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

This sounds like a router issue. Cheaper routers have low memory and limited number of NAT slots available in said memory. If the connections don't time out and close before they fill up it can cause routers to either lock up or crash. Some advanced firmware will let you mess with the settings of how many slots are allocated and how frequently they will time out. Most modem/router combo units do not let you change those settings. You might need to get a separate router that will run open source firmware to fix it.

Another option you have besides limiting connections is disabling extra services like DHT. Those can use up a lot of your slots.