Fresh install, can't get deluge to autostart

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jackdaw
New User
New User

Fresh install, can't get deluge to autostart

Post by jackdaw »

I recently installed deluge on an arch template with the hopes of getting to run on startup through that vm. I've ran into a couple issues:
first with deluged:

Code: Select all

jackdaw% /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/_libtorrent.py:59: RuntimeWarning: to-Python converter for boost::shared_ptr<libtorrent::alert> already registered; second conversion method ignored.
  import libtorrent as lt
[ERROR   ] 06:41:05 rpcserver:376 Couldn't listen on localhost:58846: [Errno 98] Address already in use.
this may be because I already created a service script for systemd as per the arch man page:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/deluge

whenever I try to run deluge-console i get:

Code: Select all

Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:58846 with reason: Password does not match
The gtk works great in classic mode, but taking it out of it doesn't seem to resolve the issue. I wouldn't mind just running that on startup as the autostart plugin works great for my particular operating system. I just need something to run in the background whichever one I can manage to get working first.

I appreciate any help you can provide, as I have no clue what I'm doing at this point.
jackdaw
New User
New User

Re: Fresh install, can't get deluge to autostart

Post by jackdaw »

alright I checked the status of deluged with systemctl is-active deluged. turns out it is active. I saw where I was supposed to config ip tables on the arch manpages, though it's not staying after reboot. I'm going to try to solve this next.

I've got a working solution to the console problem with the command:
sudo -u deluge deluge-console -c /srv/deluge/.config/deluge

I also added a series of iptable rules as per the arch man page, I would still run into the same error message on shutting down and restarting the daemon.

I created an alias so at least I can have that up and running.

I kinda hacked a solution by making a startup script for deluge-gtk, but I would still like to know what I was messing up. I plan on building a rasberri pi seedbox fairly soon and it annoys me that I couldn't get it configured properly
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Fresh install, can't get deluge to autostart

Post by shamael »

Hi Jackdaw,

If the tutorial you followed matches the one in the wiki (Deluge website) you need indeed to use the "sudo -c", but you figure it out. I also had to copy the service key contained in the "auth" file of the original location to the "deluge" users's home directory after the user/group creation. Afterward the "sudo -u deluge deluge-console" ran fine

About the port 58846 in use is it possible you launched the GTK in classic mode on the same server? If I'm not wrong you made the daemon installation and launched the GTK on the server afterward. If this is true, the GTK in classic mode acts like a server and may use the same port.

If you allowed the remote connection in the correct configuration file (the one in the home directory of the daemon users) you can try the Webui connection (if installed) or a gtk connection from another server (w/o classic mode).