Deluge fails, won't restart

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
tomribbens

Deluge fails, won't restart

Post by tomribbens »

I've been running Deluge for some years now, but the last few weeks I've started to get some problems. I believe it started when I installed a new kernel and upgraded a lot of packages on my Gentoo system. After doing that, deluged didn't want to start properly anymore. I cleaned out it's complete configuration directory, and then it started again. I added some torrents, everything went fine, until about a week later, I couldn't connect to deluge anymore. I played around with the config directory a bit, which resulted in basically another clean start of deluge, without any torrents loaded. Again, this worked for about a week, maybe two, and now my deluge is again not connectable.

I run deluged on a headless Gentoo box, also running deluge-webui, but mostly connecting to deluge from a fat windows client. I'm also running flexget to feed torrents into deluge.

When I notice the problem, the clients simply cannot connect to the daemon, claiming it is offline. The process is still running on the Gentoo box. Trying to stop the daemon gives an error:

Code: Select all

0 ;) tom@phoebe ~ $ sudo /etc/init.d/deluged restart
 * Stopping Deluged ...
 * start-stop-daemon: 1 process refused to stop                                                                                                                                     [ !! ]
 * ERROR: deluged failed to stop
Currently running:

Code: Select all

0 ;) tom@phoebe ~ $ deluged -v
deluged: 1.3.13
libtorrent: 1.0.10.0
I can't see anything strange in the debug logs. Any help on how to resolve this?