changing trackers in a state torrent

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Abbott

changing trackers in a state torrent

Post by Abbott »

I read a guide that suggested you could change the tracker of all of the torrents in deluge by doing a find and replace for the tracker you want to replace in ~/.config/deluge/state/torrents.state. That seemed to work, but the torrents in ~/.config/deluge/state/ still have the old tracker embedded in them, which I can see by opening them in a text editor. Is there a way to change the tracker in the torrent file without changing the infohash?

My first guess would be to just change the tracker at the top of each file using a text editor, but I don't know if that will corrupt the torrent file or not, because there seems to be a lot of hashing involved.

Thank you
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: changing trackers in a state torrent

Post by shamael »

Hi Abbott,

The torrents.state file contains Deluge torrents so changing it will impact all torrents running in the interface. The *.torrent were used to load in Deluge but are only useful if you need to reload them again. For example you removed the torrent from Deluge then want to seed it again. You can edit the *.torrent files but that will not change anything.
My prior migration was from another client to Deluge and from Windows to Linux. I safely edit my *.torrent files with Notepad++ (bencode files).
Under linux you can use the sed command but as I never did it myself you will have to Google it.

A question: I see you are under Debian and I'll have to change my torrents.state somewhere in the coming weeks. Can you share your experience and the way you did it? I plan stop daemon and loop script to simply change it but will be happy to know your way

BR's