New User

Re: Error while downloading files

Post by Luthing »

OK, I install it from ppa.launchpad.net repo :

Code: Select all

root@jamesford:~# deluge -v
deluge: 1.3.13
libtorrent: 1.0.10.0
what an easy way, but sadly this didn't fix my issue, same with VMware tools.
Also cache settings had no effect.

Does Transmission use libtorrent ?

Do you know if I should adjust my /etc/fstab file according to Deluge cache settings for mounting my NFS drive ?
Here's my config :

#DATA2 BTRFS 
10.33.100.1:/Data2      /media/Data2    nfs     soft,timeo=5,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 0       0
#DATA3 EXT4
10.33.100.1:/Data3      /media/Data3    nfs     soft,timeo=5,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 0       0
EDIT:
On my firewall, I noticed the time lag at the drop of speed when my downloads stopped between EXTERNAL and DMZ interfaces :
Untangle - johnlocke - Google Chrome.jpg
Untangle - johnlocke - Google Chrome.jpg (40.55 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
Well, it seems NFS data copying is lagging... like my firewall slows down the traffic
I will add a vSwitch directly connected to my Deluge SRV and my NFS SRV for mounting drive

Thanks for your help bro :)
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

If it leads to I solution, my pleasure ;)

The torrents download can be heavy for the network due to multiple piece (connections) aggregation. For example using Samba vs Torrent on my RPI make a huge difference in terms of packet on the network. The speed is the same, but the packet latency increase significantly with torrent (+100% !)

NFS tuning can make a difference too. I don't see NFS version in your fstab and the r/wsize are set. I suppose you tested these value? Do not forget to test the packet fragmentation end to end if you have jumbo frames in mind. Depending of the number of hops the value can change.
Luthing
New User
New User

Post by Luthing »

Well, I mounted the same drive with CIFS, and after 25Gb data downloaded, I still have no error...

I think it's an NFS mounting issue, there should be options in /etc/fstab for mounting partition correctly.

I keep you informed
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Good news :). Valid setup is a valuable info here, just digging a bit more to have the correct value for NFS mount if CIFS is only used for the torrent purpose. Useful in my setup as the same "server" is used as NAS, but if it was not first choice i guess it's not the same for you.
Luthing
New User
New User

Post by Luthing »

I don't understand why I met the I/O error when I was downloading files on my /var/lib/deluge folder...

Any idea?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

the message is mostly linked with congestion. To validate, launch a d/l and launch at the same time the commande

iostat -x 1
You may have to install the package. If the storage is under pressure you'll see the columns waits increasing. Depending of the value you'll have your answer.