Not uploading issues

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gunfighter

Re: Not uploading issues

Post by gunfighter »

Ok I think I understand. I have selected on torrent in Seeding under states, the same torrent is in my torrent file under Trackers. how do I get it to upload under trackers

Another one is seeding & uploading right now under States but that same file is just sitting there in my torrent file under States doing nothing? Is that what you mean by tracker status?

I right click on the file and see update tracker but not sure what that means and it seems to do nothing when I click on it.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

These are not duplicates, just a different classification ("States" and "Trackers") of the same torrent. Different view if you prefer
Up to you to chose the view following the action you want to complete.

My meaning with the "tracker status" was to retrieve the value as on this screen, lower left. the "announce ok" is what you should have to be able to seed on a tracker
https://goo.gl/images/jGYdR9
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

Understood.

Mine looks like that and I found the tracker status. Announce ok.

But none in the Trackers upload? How can I get them to upload? And there only seems to be 14 in there like that's it's limit? I need these to upload to raise my ratio on my torrent site because all the torrents in the Tracker are for my torrent site.

Another setting?

Thoughts?

Cheers
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

If all your torrents are in seeding state (not queue) it means you raised the value of "preferences>queue>Active torrent>total Active" high enough to cover your torrent list (not mandatory, depends of the behavior expected). You already checked the port with the link I provided earlier so you're good.

None of the torrents are uploading? I means 0k uploaded, the ratio for all single torrent is 0?
Maybe there is no demand for the torrents you taken but sounds weird on a, I suppose, private tracker.
Let's make a test with a public torrent, you should see some upload in the coming days for it:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/16.10/ubuntu ... so.torrent

some screenshot of you trackers section may be useful too
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

I understand the first paragraph and yes all good.

I have the same torrent in both Seeding in States & my torrent location under Tracker. it uploads under States but just sits there NOT uploading under Trackers

How do I add a screen shot in my message to you? Don't see anywhere to do it?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

I never checked if under "Trackers" you have the same information as in "State", but if under "States>active" you have torrents uploading it's fine
I will have to check my interface later

You need to host the screenshot on a 3rd party somewhere on the net, no example to give I haven't using such a service recently but I guess Google will help you.
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

I selected all in Trackers and turned Auto manage ON.

See what happens.

Is the file you sent me for testing? to see if it uploads?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

It should be on automatically, you can check this in detail tab for each torrent if I'm not wrong.

This is a public torrent from Ubuntu website and yes for testing. Feel free to take any other Linux distributed through BitTorrent
If y see the ratio of the file >0 it means your setup is valid and working.
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

Share ratio is 0.

The share ratio on one in my trackers I am watching is 0.194 but I still don't see any of them in the trackers uploading and my ratio on my torrent site is not increasing.

How do I increase my number of torrents in the tracker section. I can't seem to get it to go over 13 or 14 and how do I get them in the Tracker section?

Sorry for all the stupid questions

This is so frustrating. I really appreciate your help.

Cheers
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

i checked my interface, not difference between the "States" and "Trackers" section about the information displayed. Your torrent are upload if in the States>active.

this is the reason I'm asking screenshot, we miss something. It's not because you share torrents that anyone will pick them up. So if you have torrents from your tracker noone wants, you won't upload anything.

Regarding the number per tracker I think you're confusing torrent you share and tracker. You can only share torrents you download from your tracker, any file no downloaded from your tracked won't participate to your ratio for this particular tracker. It's valid for any tracker.
If you have for example 50 torrents in Deluge but only 14 in a particular tracker it simply means only 14 of your 50 torrents are registred in this particular tracker. This is not particular to Deluge, its how it works.