Not uploading issues

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gunfighter

Not uploading issues

Post by gunfighter »

Evening,

Just switched over to Deluge 1.3.11 and I have had trouble getting my setting correct. Everywhere I read, everyone has different opinions on what the settings should be. I am not uploading at all it seems. I can download torrents fine but uploading seems not to be working.

Because my uploading doesn't seem to be working, my torrent ratio is dropping on my site.

After reading some new settings tonight and trying them out, all my torrents read "Queued" now.

Not sure what I am doing wrong

Any thoughts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
mhertz

Re: Not uploading issues

Post by mhertz »

Under 'prefs > queue', set a higher number for 'total active {downloading,seeding}' if wanted(8, 3 and 5 is default I believe). Just use default settings + raise previous mentioned settings if needed and make sure your outgoing ports are forwarded, manually or through upnp. Don't change anything else you don't understand fully; the net is full of morons in general; just sayin' :)
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

That's great. I am new to using this program. Used Vuze before and it worked great. I have a area on the left under States, that has my torrent site with (22) under it. They all say Queued? They used to say Seeding until I was playing around with the settings.

You are right, the net is full of morons

Can you please help me?

Cheers
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Under queue settings in preferences try to set a higher value for total active download/seeding and total active. This controls how many torrents are allowed to be active/not-queued at a time.

Note, it would probably be best to start over if you aren't sure what you've changed, so if you wan't to do that and set deluge back to default, except torrents, then close deluge(d) fully and press win+r and paste/type: %APPDATA%\deluge
There you delete everything except state folder and restart deluge, and raise the queue settings if wanting more than 3-5 active torrents at a time.

Edit: Sorry, I thought you where on windows, but your profile doesn't state it, so if on linux, then the deluge profile folder is under ~/.config/deluge and win+r keys doesn't work there either and instead go there through terminal or filemanager.
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

I am on W7.

in the first part of your last message, my settings are as follows

Total active - 8
Total active downloading - 15
Total active seeding - 50
and don't count slow torrents is checked.
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

I really need your help? I download something from my torrent site, works great. My ratio drops because I am not uploading? If I do upload, it's one at a time and not enough to increase my ratio. When I used Vuze before, I would have 8-9 uploading a night?

I think it's my settings in deluge.

Can you please help?

Please let me know

Cheers
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

I currently have 55 in my queued folder and only 5 in my seeding folder.

Just thought I would let you know that

Cheers
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Why not using the last version 1.3.13? First switch to the last release to assume nothing is wrong with an old bug.
Then did you check what mhertz suggest? The correct port forwarding, check with for example http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and the queue settings seem to be the most valuable culprit.
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

I had my incoming ports set to use a range. I hit test active port and got a green light.

when I went to the link you provided above and tested the from & to ports, no connections. I tested my Random active port, got a hit on the site. I have since checked off Use random ports Active port. That was on Incoming ports

On Outdoing ports, since the Use Random ports is checked and working on Incoming ports, I have checked off Use Random ports in Outgoing ports aslo.

That has been applied but it doesn't fix my Queued issue.

Still have 55 in the queued state and only 7 in the seeding states.

As stated above I have been playing with my settings trying to fix this and think I have messed them up after reading what the settings should be online.

Any suggestions? I could tell you what mine are set to now if that helps

Cheers for all the help
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Incoming port: I use to select only a single port, not a range, for all setup I made. Same so for Deluge
Outgoing port: random is fine.

Select all your torrents, right click for contextual menu and options>auto managed>ON
Check the preferences>queue>Active torrent>total Active --> raise the number to reduce/avoid queuing

What about the update to last version I suggest?