Consistent torrent errors on daemon restart

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Neffistopheles

Consistent torrent errors on daemon restart

Post by Neffistopheles »

I'm running Deluge on Void Linux, as my own user, using runit to start/manage the daemon. Every time the daemon is restarted, either via runit (`sv down`, `sv restart`), logout/shutdown/reboot, or via the Deluge GTK or web UI, some or all of the torrents will be in an "Error" state, requiring a forced re-check before they can be resumed. The relevant error messages as shown in the web UI are typically one of:
Error: Problem with resume data: missing or invalid 'file sizes' entry
Error: Missing or invalid torrent data!
Here's the command used to start the daemon:

Code: Select all

> cat /home/neffi/var/service/deluged/run
#!/bin/sh

exec 2>&1
exec deluged -c ~/etc/deluge -d
and the relevant log files from deluged's stdout: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/cb3c3 ... ccc05c52fb

Version info:

> deluge -v
deluge: 1.3.13
libtorrent: 1.1.1.0

> uname -a
Linux missandei.home 4.7.6_1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 30 09:20:55 UTC 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux
In case it's relevant, the Deluge profile directory, as well as the downloads directory, are on btrfs subvolumes, which have otherwise exhibited no abnormal behavior.

I've been through a Google search, and I can't pin down the issue. In fact, Google doesn't even give me any results for some of these error messages.

Any idea what's going on here, and how to solve it? Failing that, is there any way to automatically recheck stuck torrents on daemon start?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Consistent torrent errors on daemon restart

Post by shamael »

Same issue each time I restart my box w/o solution so far. Cas discussed this in another thread and I think it will be addressed in version 1.4.

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... ry#p225011
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

take a look at my last post and feedback please :)
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 03#p225403
pyroclast

Post by pyroclast »

I recently started using raspberry pi with archARM linux for my deluge setup. Overall it works well except for this issue. After following the systemd settings and ensuring the mounts were correctly identified, the errors didn't stop at restart/reboot. I noticed a couple other files were not erroring out, so I made a comparison. The good files had all files within the torrent completely downloaded, the erroring files had files not selected for download. I changed the priority to normal on those files and forced a recheck, they were then downloaded. I restarted the daemon and had no errors on those files afterwords. I went through the 20 or so files with the error and updated the priorities to allow download. Now I have no errors. Another clue was the systemctl status stating:

[ERROR   ]  TIME torrentmanager:1146 on_alert_fastresume_rejected:  fast resume rejected. check resume(FILE LOCATION): mismatching file size
For my situation, It appears to be a bug where deluge thinks all of the files in the torrent have to be downloaded when it checks the files to resume. I made some adjustments to my configuration to allow all files to be accepted when downloaded and that's my current workaround.