Can't connect to daemon on fresh server install [SOLVED]

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
1337ingDisorder
New User
New User

Can't connect to daemon on fresh server install [SOLVED]

Post by 1337ingDisorder »

I've just re-built my filesharing headless box on newer hardware and now I can't seem to connect to the Deluge daemon from remote hosts any more.

The daemon is running on a fresh install of Linux Mint 18, on the filesharing machine (we'll call it Box_1 for now)
(daemon version is whatever the linux mint repo gave me)

The client is also running on a fresh install of Linux Mint 18. There's a client on the filesharing machine (Box_1) and there's a client running on another machine on the same LAN (we'll call that Box_2).

Box_1 has an IP address of 192.168.0.1
Box_2 has an IP address of 192.168.0.2

The client on Box_1 has no problem connecting to the daemon at 127.0.0.1:58846, however the client on Box_2 shows 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.1:58846 both as offline/red dot. (Double-clicking on either just dismisses the connections window, but doesn't produce a connection.)

I've checked that the deluged process is running on Box_1, although the fact that the client on Box_1 can connect would seem to indicate that there's nothing wrong with the daemon itself.

My first suspicion was that there might be a firewall getting in the way, but I've ensured ufw is disabled and iptables is stopped on both machines, and /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny are both empty on both machines.

Also fwiw I can SSH into Box_1 from Box_2, and vice-versa, so it would appear the machines have connectivity, but Box_2 just can't see Box_1 listening.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
Last edited by 1337ingDisorder on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shryp

Re: Can't connect to daemon on fresh server install

Post by Shryp »

Did you check the option for allowing remote connections and did you set up the user name and password for remote access? Also, if you still have the old server you could log into that and copy the deluge user profile settings to the new setup and see if that works. It will also preserve all the data from your old install.
1337ingDisorder
New User
New User

Re: Can't connect to daemon on fresh server install

Post by 1337ingDisorder »

Thanks for the suggestions Shryp,

I seem to have gotten it working.

The missing piece of the puzzle seems to have been adding a user to the auth file, and then using those credentials for the login window.

Thanks again, good lookin' out homie :)