Upgrade to a 250/50 fibre optic connection

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
calypso22
New User
New User

Upgrade to a 250/50 fibre optic connection

Post by calypso22 »

...But although the new speed checks out with Speedtest (250 Mbps), I am not seeing any significant speed increase to my Deluge download speeds.

Do I need to alter my fairly standard Deluge configuration please?
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Upgrade to a 250/50 fibre optic connection

Post by gderf »

How fast you can download with a torrent application depends of how fast the seeds and peers are willing to upload to you. I have a 90mbps cable connection but I never, ever see that from Deluge or any other torrent application. There just aren't enough peers willing to share at high data rates.
mhertz

Re: Upgrade to a 250/50 fibre optic connection

Post by mhertz »

Also note, it's Mbps, not MBps, so divide your mbps with 8 to get download-max-rate in MB ;) Sometimes some ISPs change alittle in speed e.g. mine is 150mbps, but speedchecks from 40 to 140mbps depending. Not capped or anything either.

Check out a popular linux distro, like ubuntu or mint etc, to check your speeds for torrenting, e.g. I always test with my distro's torrent:

https://www.archlinux.org/releng/releas ... 3/torrent/

- and a speedcheck also before, to corrolate.

As for optimizing deluge, then I would recommend getting the ltconfig plugin and enabling announce_to_all_trackers libtorrent option, to get more seeds/peers on multi-tracker torrents/magnets.