Vuze is much faster than deluge without opeing port in the router and with upnp disabled

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
moham_96

Vuze is much faster than deluge without opeing port in the router and with upnp disabled

Post by moham_96 »

Hi,
Sorry if this is not the right section, mods can move this to the appropriate one, also sorry what i'm about to say might seem mean.

I knew about deluge since i started to use torrent years ago, but whenever i try to use it i end up uninstalling it replacing it with another client(usually Vuze)
and the reason for that is of course, speed, personally i tried a lot of clients and think that deluge is the smoothest when it comes to UI, the idea of daemon and multiple interface as the default setup is very practical in my opinion, but when it comes to speed Vuze wins big time.

I don't have a private ip, my ISP provide a shared ip between clients at a higher router that i don't control so i can't open a port, also the UPnP is disabled in the router, but when i open vuze and start a torrent it immediately connects to peers and the speed is amazing (swarm has hundreds seeds), at the same time when i open deluge (with the same torrent file) it can't even find a single peer and the status bar shows "no incoming connections".

Vuze is open source, a think that deluge devs should analyze Vuze code they might find some features that could be implemented in deluge, now i do realize that this is not an easy task but it would be great if we had deluge UI smoothness with Vuze connection.

in the meantime, any tips on how to configure deluge without port forwarding ?
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Vuze is much faster than deluge without opeing port in the router and with upnp disabled

Post by gderf »

moham_96 wrote:
in the meantime, any tips on how to configure deluge without port forwarding ?
Use a proxy. I do, I get full speed, and the status bar shows "no incoming connections."

The other advantage of using a proxy is that your real IP address is not displayed to anyone.
Mungow

Re: Vuze is much faster than deluge without opeing port in the router and with upnp disabled

Post by Mungow »

I had some problems with Deluge these last 48 hours but they're not related to this post and I've ironed them out. I have an ISP-provided ADSL modem (Sagem Livebox 2), I'm currently using ExpressVPN to download anonymously and I am getting very respectable speeds:
deluge_speed.jpg
deluge_speed.jpg (26.94 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
I tried qBittorrent yesterday and the speeds for those same 4 torrents were practically the same so I uninstalled it. I would look closer to home, configuration etc. to find the source of your connection issues.