Deluge errantly reports completed downloads

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
LitlJay

Deluge errantly reports completed downloads

Post by LitlJay »

I didn't find any mentions of this in the forums or bugtracker, so I apologize if it has been addressed before (and a link would be appreciated).

FYI: I have Deluge running on a Win7 Hyper-V VM behind an Astrill OpenVPN. It's a dedicated local "seedbox". At the moment the torrent data is stored on a SMB share on a 30TB NAS, but I will be giving the seedbox dedicated local storage soon so that the torrents don't error out when there is a network blip or hiccup that causes the share to go down temporarily.

For the last few months, videos that are downloaded and extracted (via 7-zip/the Extractor plugin) from a few private trackers I use were getting corrupted and pixelating/stammering/etc in Plex.

I have noticed that forcing a recheck of the completed torrent results in a torrent that was actually anywhere from 85%-97% complete, and it had to finish downloading (again). I had an incomplete set of RAR files, which resulted in a corrupted video file.

These files are being automatically snatched by Sonarr and then moved to my Plex Media Server, so we don't know that there is a problem until we are settled in, relaxed, and ready to watch a show. Then I have to get back up, find a tablet or laptop, and manually force the recheck followed by manually extracting it and manually replacing the corrupted file on the Plex Server (while my wife/family waits impatiently). Sometimes I have to run the recheck 2 or 3 times. The wife approval factor of my system has dropped dramatically!

What could be causing Deluge to believe that it has completed a torrent that is only partially done? I don't even know where to begin searching for problems.

TIA,

J