Deluge doesn't work after possibly unrelated error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Cthanatos
New User
New User

Deluge doesn't work after possibly unrelated error

Post by Cthanatos »

So I've had Deluge and YaRSS2 working flawlessly on their own for almost a year, but about a week or two ago, I saw an error popup with the Python logo and I accidentally closed it before closer inspection (using teamviewer via mobile). Now when I try to start Deluge all I get is this error -

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Deluge and Python several times, I've look through the registry to see if the uninstall missed anything, but I still get this error. I thought it might have something to do with OpenDNS despite them working together fine for a long time. Is there a log I can upload for further info, or does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

PS - I installed Deluge on another computer (not my media server) on our network, and tested a download and it works fine. My server is on 24/7 so it makes it ideal to use for downloads.
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Deluge doesn't work after possibly unrelated error

Post by gderf »

What error are you talking about? I don't see one.
Cthanatos
New User
New User

Post by Cthanatos »

Sorry, the unrelated error I don't have a screenshot, but can you see the picture with the red dot on the connection manager? I have no idea what to do with that as it doesn't show up on the install for the other computer.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Are you intending to use Deluge in thinclient mode if not tick classic mode in preferences
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

The red dot indicates that the client is not connected to the daemon. Press the Start Daemon button. Also, open the options and make sensible choices there. Verify that your deluged starts automatically on the machine that is running on.
Cthanatos
New User
New User

Post by Cthanatos »

Thanks, so I checked the box for classic mode , and this error showed up on restarting the application . Image

I'm not sure if this is the original error , but at least it's progress . thanks for your help so far !
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

You'll need to explain exactly which deluge package(s) you installed on what OS(s) and what platform(s) you are running on.
Cthanatos
New User
New User

Post by Cthanatos »

I'm using Windows 10 , the install package I used was "deluge-1.3.12-win32-py2.7" . I have Python 2.7 installed. The exact same install file went without a hitch on a different computer (Windows 7). I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times.
Cthanatos
New User
New User

Post by Cthanatos »

Problem Solved! I did a search for Deluge core Errors on windows and came across this post http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=52469 which explained that the Visual C++ install for 64bit screws with the 32bit install that deluge needs. I reinstalled the x86 version and everything works again fine. Thanks! I hope this helps somebody else! Here is the link to get the Visual C++ redist files from Microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=40784
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

That is one of the first items on Troubleshooting page:

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Trou ... tshouldIdo