Any guide on applying a .diff patch?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
2muchacid
New User
New User

Any guide on applying a .diff patch?

Post by 2muchacid »

Hi everyone

I tried searching the forums but didn't find any answer to this simple question. How do I apply a .diff file to deluge?

I want to install this http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2257

Thanks!
archimede
New User
New User

Re: Any guide on applying a .diff patch?

Post by archimede »

The ugly way:
the lines in green in the patch are new lines, the lines in red are deleted lines, if a line is modified, it will appear both in red and in green, the black lines are just a reference to indicate in which part of the file the change is happening. In your case, there are only green lines, so just insert them in the related files exactly at the specified position, which you can figure out looking at the black lines.

The proper way:
Download the dev version from git, checkout the tag of your interest, apply the patch, install manually. I suppose if you were asking "how to apply a patch", this method is probably too complicated for you, you should learn lot of other things first. You can start from the git user guide.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

If patching you also need to be perfect with indentation as python code will error-out otherwise.

For that particular issue using the ltconfig is the answer. Based on your other posts, I assume you are now using that.
2muchacid
New User
New User

Post by 2muchacid »

Hi,

Thanks for the replies! Cas: You're right, I ended up using ltconfig for this question.

archimede: This is indeed too complicated for me. But thanks for replying!

I was still interested in checking some of the other "Core patches" http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Deve ... f_torrents because I'm having problems with running a Deluge server with 1K+ torrents, and was hoping some of those patches could help.