Update Seed File

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jonjondotcom1312
New User
New User

Update Seed File

Post by jonjondotcom1312 »

Hi, I'm not really savvy on the technicality of my problem but I'll try to explain:

1.) What I want: I would like to seed a torrent whose file location on my hdd has moved after I finished downloading

2.) What I think is wrong: I recently moved all my files to a new location on my harddrive and as such, Deluge, no longer knows where to seed the files from. So it just started to download a 22.1gb video file from all over again.

3.) Question: How can I update the new file location or path in Deluge so that it will continue to seed the original torrent from its new location on my hdd?

Cheers
Shryp

Re: Update Seed File

Post by Shryp »

Use "set download location" and "force recheck". Both are available from right clicking on the torrent. Perhaps try with a small one first just to be sure it doesn't try to copy the new files over top of the complete ones. In the future you can right click and move storage if you want to relocate them without messing up deluge.
jonjondotcom1312
New User
New User

Re: Update Seed File

Post by jonjondotcom1312 »

Shryp wrote:Use "set download location" and "force recheck". Both are available from right clicking on the torrent. Perhaps try with a small one first just to be sure it doesn't try to copy the new files over top of the complete ones. In the future you can right click and move storage if you want to relocate them without messing up deluge.
Thanks for the quick response Shryp. I think the first time I tried it, I chose the new cloned file and it wasn't working for me.
Now it's working. Thanks :)