Rename folder/files on webui

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Sh4de900
New User
New User

Rename folder/files on webui

Post by Sh4de900 »

Hello,

I've recently bought a synology NAS, and succesfully started using Deluge on it and transferred my seeds.
The thing is, I'd like to move the seeding torrents to my main folder with an appropriate name.
The "move storage" function works like a charm, but within the webui I can't find a way to rename the folder itself, so I'm stuck with some annoying release name in my main folder. In the full client, there's an easy rename function but I can't use that on the webui on a Synology NAS.

Is there any way I can do this so it won't mess up the naming convention for the tracker? Thank you.

Edit: I'm also running Sonarr, which does the moving and renaming for my automatic downloads, but not these manual ones. Can I perhaps use that somehow?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Rename folder/files on webui

Post by Cas »

See thinclient setup...
Sh4de900
New User
New User

Post by Sh4de900 »

Cas wrote:See thinclient setup...
I did, I'm new to all of this, I don't understand what I'm supposed to do from all of this:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient
I just installed it from the package center on synology...if I'm supposed to do the GTK steps I'm already stuck on step1:

In Preferences -> Interface and disable (untick) Classic Mode

I don't have that option...unless I'm already in this mode, I don't know. I'm not that familiar with it

Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

That is the webui... Install Deluge on your local machine
Sh4de900
New User
New User

Post by Sh4de900 »

I am trying to tell you the only way I can reach it is the webui. That is the whole problem.
I did install it on the server, if you try to open it, it goes to the webui...I am limited by Synology.

http://puu.sh/oWhpC/9d5a1aa77f.jpg
http://puu.sh/oWhrS/b4c444a82a.jpg
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

He is telling you to install it in both your NAS and your local machine. When you disable that classic interface on your local machine that deluge will ask for the IP address of where to connect and you can then put your NAS IP in there. You need to configure the auth file on your NAS for it to work right though. I use a desktop and laptop, so not sure how hard it would be to configure on your NAS.
Sh4de900
New User
New User

Post by Sh4de900 »

Shryp wrote:He is telling you to install it in both your NAS and your local machine. When you disable that classic interface on your local machine that deluge will ask for the IP address of where to connect and you can then put your NAS IP in there. You need to configure the auth file on your NAS for it to work right though. I use a desktop and laptop, so not sure how hard it would be to configure on your NAS.
Ah, thank you! Well, there's no direct editing of config files in Synology, I'll have to try and do it through ssh I think when I get home. At least I get what I need to try now, I needed a bit more of an explanation as a "layman" ;)
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

The auth file will be in the settings directory with just the name 'auth' and will contain:

localclient:<long random string>:10

You will want to add a second line of:
username:password:10

That username and password will be what you use to log in from your localmachine.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

The auth file will be in the settings directory with just the name 'auth' and will contain:

localclient:<long random string>:10

You will want to add a second line of:
username:password:10

That username and password will be what you use to log in from your localmachine.

On your NAS you might need to go to the Daemon settings and enable remote connections.
Sh4de900
New User
New User

Post by Sh4de900 »

Yes, thank you. I figured that and the rest of it out from the guide yesterday evening.
Needed to use ssh and the vi editor to edit the auth file, then restart deluge on the server et voila :)
This allowed me to relocate the last of my seeds with the renaming now, thanks a lot