Remote GUI and All transfers hang when moving storage

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
blazemonkey
New User
New User

Remote GUI and All transfers hang when moving storage

Post by blazemonkey »

As documented in this closed bug report: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/994

I'm running deluge 1.3.12 in a headless debian openvz container. When torrents complete, they are automatically moved from a local drive to a mounted NFS share. Whenever torrents are moved manually or automatically, I assume the move_storage() function is invoked, and all other disk I/O is halted while the files are copying. I know this isn't an issue with my setup or a bug, it's by design.

That being said, you wouldn't think systems in this day and age, or even a decade ago, would have an issue multitasking disk I/O, which in fact is quite well managed by disk controllers and operating/file systems.

Are there any workarounds for this or possibly any plans in the works to improve this design?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Remote GUI and All transfers hang when moving storage

Post by Cas »

blazemonkey
New User
New User

Post by blazemonkey »

It looks like there's no intention to ever improve on this... :roll:

I mean, I can just manually move the files in the OS and then point deluge to the new files and not have this happen; it's not like the libtorrent function is the only way to move files. I bet a plugin writer could implement a better feature than this but it's a shame deluge won't, even though it would likely be years away before we'd see such a change. Maybe I should get off my butt and put something together.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Eh?
In fact this has been implemented in lt 1.1 so once Deluge supports that version it will be available.

http://libtorrent.org/reference-Core.ht ... ent_handle
blazemonkey
New User
New User

Post by blazemonkey »

Well I guess I completely misunderstood the bug report as I wasn't sure what exactly was implemented. It's great to hear this is being resolved as I have a pretty active little seedbox. :)