Re-Seed torrent after the file has been moved but the torrent remained in Deluge

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
duplex_
New User
New User

Re-Seed torrent after the file has been moved but the torrent remained in Deluge

Post by duplex_ »

Hi, I have a downloaded a file with deluge and afterwards moved it to my external hdd. deluge then saw that the file did not exist anymore and logically set the download status to 0%. Now I want to seed the file again, but I do not have the .torrent file anymore. How can I get deluge to know that the file on my external hdd is the one it downloaded so I can seed it? The torrent is still in deluge, but with 0%.

Thank you for your answers in advance!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Re-Seed torrent after the file has been moved but the torrent remained in Deluge

Post by Cas »

The torrent is in your config, see faq. If you move storage it should find files and recheck.
duplex_
New User
New User

Re: Re-Seed torrent after the file has been moved but the torrent remained in Deluge

Post by duplex_ »

If you mean this path "torrentfiles_location": "" then nope, sorry, does not work.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

I am not sure if move storage to the new location will work or not. It might move the empty file over there and delete the copy. You could copy the file back and then force a recheck. You could also make copy the torrent file from the profile/state folder and then delete and restart the torrent.