Map deluge to Samba share on another RPi

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
spezzer
New User
New User

Map deluge to Samba share on another RPi

Post by spezzer »

Hi - I have 3 RPi's running OpenRemote2, Kodi and Deluge where the Kodi install has a 2Gb USB HDD mounted.This is where all my media and backups live.

My plan is to run Deluge-Web 24/7 and access it using a tablet with firefox where I can copy a torrent URL and drop it into the Deluge torrent folder. The download should then point at the shared USB drive.

So the USB HDD share works just fine. It appears as "Kodi (OpenELEC)" on all Androids, Windows and even 2 Humax boxes and a LG Smart TV - so thats all good. The problem I'm having is getting the Deluge setup to talk to the folders I have set up on the USB HDD share.

My theory is that I should be able to go into Deluge preferences and change options to the samba shares:-

Download To: \\OPENELEC\Torrents\Downloads\
Move Completed To: \\OPENELEC\Movies\+New\
Copy of .torrent files to: \\OPENELEC\Torrents\Copy\
Autoadd .torrent files from: \\OPENELEC\Torrents\Autoadd

These shares work fine in Windows and can even see them using the Rasperry Pi GUI with full permissions - the problem is Deluge keeps reporting permission errors. I'm guessing this is actually a permission error but I'm not certain how to fix it.

Any pointers would be good - thanks!
spezzer
New User
New User

Re: Map deluge to Samba share on another RPi

Post by spezzer »

Still not figured this. One idea was to map the share in RPi then use that - will keep you posted :-)
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

There is nothing in deluge to change, you need to search for setting up samba on linux and dealing with permission issues.
spezzer
New User
New User

Post by spezzer »

One thought - is there a service/protocol i need to install on the Deluge server so it can see the OpenELEC media share?

I put this to the test and opened the RPi's GUI (not headless), went to the file manager and the share is available as smb://OPENELEC/.

Would it be usual to use the 'smb' prefix in a file share? I'll give it a go and report back!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

You will need a proper directory path by mounting the smb share.
spezzer
New User
New User

Post by spezzer »

Doesnt make any difference :?

Went back to regular syntax //openelec/Torrents/Downloads - the RPi GUI displays all lower case so went with that - no difference.

Decided to add a ficticious path and got exactly same Permission denied error which isnt very helpful. This means either the box doesnt permission or it cant see the share - doesnt say which tho.
spezzer
New User
New User

Post by spezzer »

Cas wrote:You will need a proper directory path by mounting the smb share.
I thought about mounting the drive on the RPi Deluge box but its already mounted on the Kodi box - Pretty sure I cant mount it twice - can i?

Alternate is to mount it on the Deluge box and see if Kodi can use the share in its media library.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Of course you can mount the drive multiple times, regardless of whether they are on separate machines.
spezzer
New User
New User

Post by spezzer »

Cas wrote:Of course you can mount the drive multiple times, regardless of whether they are on separate machines.
Just looking the option now - doesnt the drive need to be physically connected? Currently its plugged into the Kodi box. For multiple mounts I'm guessing the drive would need to be plugged into the network switch instead - would that allow multiple mounts?

Hmm thats nonsense! its a USB drive so I cant plug into the network switch
Last edited by spezzer on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

You need to be more specific about what you are attempting. You asked about a smb share and I said mount that share (using fstab), nothing to do with any physical drives...