[Solved] Deluged closing with message "Killed"

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Mogzol

[Solved] Deluged closing with message "Killed"

Post by Mogzol »

Hi all. I am running Deluged on a vps, which is running Debian Wheezy. I am using deluged 1.3.12 with libtorrent 0.16.18, although I was having the same issue when using 1.3.3 and libtorrent 0.15.something.

So my problem is that Deluged keeps unexpectedly closing within a few minutes of starting it. Whenever it happens, deluge-web also closes at the same time. The log files never have anything in them, so I have no clue what is causing it. If either deluged or deluge-web is running in foreground (ie not daemonized) then whenever this unexpected closing happens they simply output "Killed" and then exit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I love how fully featured Deluge's web ui is, but with this problem I just can't use it at all.

EDIT: Problem solved. Apparently it was nothing on my end, my vps provider just kills common torrent program daemons. To get around this I renamed deluged in /usr/bin/ to something else, and same with deluge-web. It ran fine after this. Although I don't think I will use it, as clearly my providers don't want me torrenting.