Cannot Connect to LOCALHOST Daemon (Raspbian)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
kookbot
New User
New User

Cannot Connect to LOCALHOST Daemon (Raspbian)

Post by kookbot »

I'm running the Deluge daemon 1.3.3 on Raspbian. I have remote connections enabled and am able to remotely connect via thin client (local-ip:58846) on my mac without issue.

I'm having trouble with Sickrage and Couch Potato. When I try and connect these to the daemon (localhost:58846), it will not connect at all.

I have tried to put in the 'localclient' credentials, and also the credentials of a user I created. Here are the contents of my auth file

Code: Select all

localclient:***:10
pi:***:10
Does anyone have a solution to this, or can you point me down the path? Thanks!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Cannot Connect to LOCALHOST Daemon (Raspbian)

Post by Cas »

Both those applications use the webui iirc.
kookbot
New User
New User

Post by kookbot »

I've found that Sickrage offers both WebUi and Daemon, but Couch Potato defaults its settings to the Daemon on port 58846.

Interestingly, when I ping 127.0.0.1 on port 58846, I get 'Unknown Host'. Do I need to open that port on the PI?

EDIT: I've opened port 58846 and TCP is listening on that port. However, no success connecting.
EDIT: Could it have something to do with the fact that my init.d script is running as the user "pi" at startup? I do have that same login in the Auth file.
daveinfla
New User
New User

Re: Cannot Connect to LOCALHOST Daemon (Raspbian) & (Ubuntu)

Post by daveinfla »

I have the same issue running the daemon on a Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS Server.
Running the following version of Deluge:
deluge 1.3.6-0ubuntu3
deluge-common 1.3.12-0~trusty~ppa all
deluge-gtk 1.3.12-0~trusty~ppa all
deluge-web 1.3.12-0~trusty~ppa all
deluge-webui 1.3.12-0~trusty~ppa all
deluged 1.3.12-0~trusty~ppa all

Running CouchPotato version e6fa8b8b (10/4/2015, 5:13:08 AM)

I'm trying to connect to localhost:58846 with the user Deluge that Deluge is running under. I have the username:pw:10 in the auth file and I still get an error "Connection failed. Check logs for details." The CouchPotato log lists nothing.

This seems to be a common issue, one suggesting was to just use the Black hole setup but I'd really like to get this working for the sake of getting it working.

Thanks,
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

daveinfla
New User
New User

Post by daveinfla »

I guess I should have mentioned, I'm a newbie at Linux, I need a little more direction then then link above.

What files need to be modified, where are they, do you have any examples?

Thanks,
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

It doesn't matter if you are a newbie at Linux. The files are described in that paragraph and you can read the FAQ (or the rest of that guide) for their location.
daveinfla
New User
New User

Post by daveinfla »

Success!

The instructions via the link above are vague at best but I managed to muddle through it.

As the original setup instructions indicated I have deluged running under the user deluge, however CouchPotato is running under my account.

The fix was to put a copy of the auth file from /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge into /home/myaccount/.config/deluge. Note: I had to create the deluge sub-folder, then copy the auth file to it.

My auth file consists of the following lines:
localclient:<password string auto assigned>:10
myaccount:mypassword:10

I then used the deluge username and it's password in the CouchPotato configuration pointing to localhost:58846 and the directory I want files downloaded to. The label field is only used with a plugin that I do not use.

Thanks for the help...hope this helps others...
rdunn19d

Post by rdunn19d »

I'm having the same issue except that CouchPotato and Deluge are running under the same user. Oh, and I'm on Gentoo. I just saw this and posted. I'm still searching in case the answer is somewhere else in the forums.