Client Server Setup issues

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
upcboy
New User
New User

Client Server Setup issues

Post by upcboy »

I have Deluged running on a Ubuntu server and have no issues connecting to it from several different windows machines I use. Today I imaged a spare laptop with Debian 8 and installed Deluge for the life of me I can't get this debian machine to see the Deluged server running internet is working from this laptop and there is a route to the host name that is setup ( I can access the deluge-web UI) I'm sure this is something simple I'm missing but for the life of me I don't know what it is.

client is running 1.3.10-3
Server is running 1.3.6
windows that connects is running 1.3.11

Any help would be nice.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Client Server Setup issues

Post by Cas »

Did you enable remote connections in WebUI->Prefs->Daemon
upcboy
New User
New User

Post by upcboy »

Yes I can connect from a windows install of Deluge but not from the Debian install.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Have you got the correct password, ip and port? Are there any errors in logs?
upcboy
New User
New User

Post by upcboy »

Cas wrote:Have you got the correct password, ip and port? Are there any errors in logs?
Password, Host, and port are correct. I have double and tipple checked all those settings and even deleted the connection on the windows machine and re-added it with out issues.

I reinstalled the machine to Arc linux and it worked fine with the same settings so I know the settings are correct. The issue seems specific to a fresh install of debian (Debian 8.2, with cinnamon) after the fresh install the only package i've installed was deluge via sudo apt-get install deluge

the only thing i found in the local log running in full debug was

[INFO ] 09:59:17 client:121 Connected to daemon at <public IP>:58846..
[INFO ] 09:59:17 client:224 Connection lost to daemon at <Host name>:58846 reason: Connection was closed cleanly.