Deluged wiping progress on reboot

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
cmeans

Re: Deluged wiping progress on reboot

Post by cmeans »

Cas wrote:You have not upgraded deluge, how can you expect it to be fixed?
I realize this is probably more of a Linux question than a Deluge one, but I'm hopeful you can provide some guidance.

Do I need to uninstall Deluged etc. from my headless rPi that was installed via aptitude (apt-get) before downloading, compiling and installing the latest version 1.3.11 manually via the instructions found here: http://www.onepitwopi.com/raspberry-pi/ ... pberry-pi/ ?

Because I was impatient to get things working, I didn't uninstall the previous version.

Now, the server reports:
deluged: 1.3.11
libtorrent: 1.0.6.0

(I'm hopeful that those are the latest versions available).

However, the Deluge thin client, on my Win7 box, (via Help/About) still reports the server as:
Server: 1.3.3
libtorrent: 0.15.10.0

I assume this means I've got something wrong somewhere.
http://www.kiva.org Give a hand, not a hand-out.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

The original deluge binaries are likely in /usr/bin but you have installed the latest version to /usr/local/bin and your init scripts probably still point to the former. Oh and 1.3.12 is now released.

If you have installed both deluge and libtorrent from source it is safe to remove the apt-get installed deluge and libtorrent.
cmeans

Post by cmeans »

Thanks. I've now installed 1.3.12, but I'm also going to update my configuration so Deluged is using a non-login user etc..

Can I simply copy the ~/.config/deluge folder to the recommended "home" folder /var/lib/deluge?

Is there a migration document/page? I tried setting "allow_remote" to True in the deluge-console (which I'd used from the original install), but that setting name doesn't appear to be supported now.
cmeans

Post by cmeans »

I've been banging my head against a wall attempting to get the upgrade working with the instructions here:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/User ... ce/systemd

I've gotten systemd installed, and running, gotten the deluged.service running (at least I see it when I run top), however, it clearly isn't running correctly yet as there are no changes to any of the files in it's "home" directory, and I cannot connect to it from the thin client.

I imagine there's an issue with the user rights, but I'm not sure where to start.

Here's the output when I check the "status" of the deluged.service:

pi@neelix /var/log $ sudo systemctl status deluged.service
deluged.service - Deluge Bittorrent Client Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/deluged.service; enabled)
Active: active (running) since Sun, 13 Sep 2015 23:16:49 -0500; 13min ago
Main PID: 1208 (deluged)
CGroup: name=systemd:/system/deluged.service
└ 1208 /usr/bin/python /usr/local/bin/deluged -d

Sep 13 23:27:16 neelix deluged[1208]: File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge-1.3.12-py2.7.egg/deluge/core/authmanager.py", line 87, in authorize
Sep 13 23:27:16 neelix deluged[1208]: raise BadLoginError("Username does not exist")
Sep 13 23:27:16 neelix deluged[1208]: BadLoginError: Username does not exist
Sep 13 23:27:31 neelix deluged[1208]: [ERROR ] 23:27:31 rpcserver:266 Password does not match
Sep 13 23:27:31 neelix deluged[1208]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Sep 13 23:27:31 neelix deluged[1208]: File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge-1.3.12-py2.7.egg/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 260, in dispatch
Sep 13 23:27:31 neelix deluged[1208]: ret = component.get("AuthManager").authorize(*args, **kwargs)
Sep 13 23:27:31 neelix deluged[1208]: File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge-1.3.12-py2.7.egg/deluge/core/authmanager.py", line 93, in authorize
Sep 13 23:27:31 neelix deluged[1208]: raise BadLoginError("Password does not match")
Sep 13 23:27:31 neelix deluged[1208]: BadLoginError: Password does not match

I had to make some changes to the above instructions as they didn't match my install, but for the most part I followed them exactly.
cmeans

Post by cmeans »

I've been tripping up on the fact that "home dir for deluge user is now '/var/lib/deluge' ". But that means that the files that deluged wants are below that in '.config/deluge' (not actually in '/var/lib/deluge' which is what I was fixating on).

Now that I've got that in my head, I got my old '~/.config/deluge' files copied into the *right* place...not only getting the local deluged running with the correct config, but also giving me access from my Win7 box with the newly instaled 1.3.12.

Still seem to have that problem with the Checking of 60 or so torrents at startup...but at least it appears I'm alive & running again.
cmeans

Post by cmeans »

cmeans wrote:Still seem to have that problem with the Checking of 60 or so torrents at startup...but at least it appears I'm alive & running again.
I've now rebooted the server a few more times, and have NOT had the problem of the torrents being re-checked...so maybe 1.3.12 has now solved that problem. I'll keep an eye out for any additional issues this week.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Good to hear :D
phaseform
New User
New User

Post by phaseform »

I'm having the reset progress to 0 problem as well - I think it may be due to having nobootwait set in fstab, so deluge can't see them (basically deluge is running before the USB drive is mounted). I'm using ubuntu 14.04 (RPi 2) and I edited /etc/init/deluged.conf with the following 'start on' stanza:

Code: Select all

start on filesystem and static-network-up and mounted MOUNTPOINT=/media/Data
where fstab mounts my USB drive with nobootwait to /media/Data

I just removed the mounted stanza... and replicated the error! FKYEAH go team (although now I'm re-checking - again)

EDIT: I also added

Code: Select all

stop on runlevel [016] or mounted MOUNTPOINT=!/media/Data
although I can't really test that since it wont let me umount a busy drive