Uninstallation nonsensly deletes non-Deluge folders

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
sofada
New User
New User

Uninstallation nonsensly deletes non-Deluge folders

Post by sofada »

Hi all,

I have only registered to this forum in order to warn the users while unistalling Deluge. The uninstallation program removes ALL files in the installation folder, even files which are not related to the program! Since I had placed within the installation folder also my downloads folder, I have lost gigabytes and gigabytes of my downloaded content because the uninstallation program has simply deleted it. The content even wasn't downloaded by Deluge (I am migration from utorrent and testing the alternatives) or linked in the settings at all.
This behaviour of the uninstall program is totally unacceptable. I am spending hours now to recover all my files. So, please, be beware and take care of that.

Stanley
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Uninstallation nonsensly deletes non-Deluge folders

Post by Cas »

sofada
New User
New User

Post by sofada »

So this bug even isn't new? Reported 2 years ago? I really spent whole day to recover everything (instead of working on a project for my client; I couldn't touch the laptop to avoid rewriting the disk clusters). How many users struggled with the same bug?... It is irresponsible...
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Yes it is very unfortunate you have encountered this bug. There has only been one other report as it will only occur if you manually edit the install folder line, otherwise using Browse will automatically add the toplevel 'Deluge' folder to the end. It has taken a while to fix because the NSIS scripting language is not very friendly, testing takes time and my primary OS is Linux. However as I was already in the middle of looking for a solution I have now pushed a fix that will be in the 1.3.12 release.
sofada
New User
New User

Post by sofada »

Thank you for your reply.
Anyway, Deluge is not the only torrent client doing that, I have tried also Tribler and it deleted the download folder data too and even right after the installation...
Once again, thank you for solving it. Cheers.