Error: Short Read on Raspberry Pi Torrent Box

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
DanielDC88

Error: Short Read on Raspberry Pi Torrent Box

Post by DanielDC88 »

Hello all,

On some trackers I get an error: short read. It means I can't really connect to peers to seed.
I'm running deluge 1.3.3 on both pis I am seeding from and both have the same error. I'm not sure how to update -

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get upgrade deluged
?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Error: Short Read on Raspberry Pi Torrent Box

Post by doadin »

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=46565 ............. update libtorrent...
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Building/libtorrent
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 1&t=100043

might work better but remember to get the latest libtorrent code from github and the RC_1_0 branch works nicely imo.
DanielDC88

Post by DanielDC88 »

Thanks for the reply. The second one sounds like what I need (as it's for the Pi running Raspian), however it seems like an installation guide. I've already got the thing up and running, but I'm not too sure how to update Libtorrent within the Deluge daemon.
I'm sorry for being incompetent, but linux is new to me, as is using CLIs.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

You are installing a new version of libtorrent...
DanielDC88

Post by DanielDC88 »

Just to clarify, there is no way to update the version of Deluge to use the latest version of lib torrent?
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

DanielDC88 wrote:Just to clarify, there is no way to update the version of Deluge to use the latest version of lib torrent?
I think you have to install the version of libtorrent that you want before installing Deluge.

The installation of Deluge will have a dependency on a minimum version number of lt, and if you don't have a later one installed at that point it will get whatever one is available in your software sources. Which if it's giving you deluge 1.3.3 is probably archaic as that version came out 4 years ago.

Everything from "its now time to install libtorrent" in the raspberrypi.org link in the earlier post is relevant to you. It'll show you how to update your software sources and then install libtorrent and Deluge.
DanielDC88

Post by DanielDC88 »

Thanks for the explanation.

So I have deluge already installed and I'm grabbing the newer version of libtorrent. Problem is it fails to compile libtorrent once extracted. Do you think the debian release of deluge on here would work on my Pi? I'm a little reluctant to rebuild the OS however.
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

I'm amazed there isn't a simple binary install for the pi. It's not like the architecture differs at all.
DanielDC88

Post by DanielDC88 »

Spadge wrote:I'm amazed there isn't a simple binary install for the pi. It's not like the architecture differs at all.
Yeah, It's pretty strange. I think I've found a guide that allows installation of newer versions to the Pi. I'll post it here if it works.
DanielDC88

Post by DanielDC88 »

I have used a guide on a fresh OS on my Pi to get deluge 1.3.11 and libtorrent 0.15.10.0 installed. http://www.onepitwopi.com/raspberry-pi/ ... pberry-pi/ I am still getting the short read error on torrents from privatehd.to

When running a local daemon on my Windows 10 machine, the torrents do not have this issue (although some torrents randomly say they have an error, even though there doesn't seem to be one).