Trac Register Captcha Error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Trac Register Captcha Error

Post by Cas »

There is a known issue with registering a new account of Trac where a user will end up seeing a Captcha spam page with the message below and users are unable to proceed further.

Code: Select all

Captcha Error
None
Trac thinks your submission might be Spam. To prove otherwise please provide a response to the following.
followed by:

Code: Select all

Captcha Error
CAPTCHA failed to handle original request
Trac thinks your submission might be Spam. To prove otherwise please provide a response to the following.
The only reasons I can contemplate that the spam check would appear are if mistakes were made on the register page such as:
  • Already registered
  • Invalid username e.g. using email address
  • Mismatching passwords
  • Invalid email
Unfortunately at this time there is no fix for this.

There is a workaround that potentially works: Sign-up via a free web proxy (google search for one) so your IP address appears differently to Trac. Make sure not to repeat the registering mistakes as detailed above.

If still having issues registering and you have a bug or feature you wish to report then using the forum will suffice but remember searching for existing issues on both Trac and Forum can save you time reporting it again.

Just to add that the captcha will not be disabled as Trac is very vulnerable to spam and sees hundreds of spam registering attempts per day. So with low admin activity this problem is less important than having to clean up defacing the wiki or tickets.
Lagu
New User
New User

Re: Trac Register Captcha Error

Post by Lagu »

Hi, i'm in this problem, actually i follow the steps, but web proxys don't support captchas D:
i try register with the same name and pass as the forum but don't works some times i get this message:

Username Lagu doesn't match local naming policy.

Then i can't pass the captcha.
As a note, the captcha page doesn't have a submit button...