The "Next announce" problem again

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Axel48
New User
New User

The "Next announce" problem again

Post by Axel48 »

Hi, I have a problem running the Deluge - my seeds aren't kept active by the tracker for long time as expected and I don't understand what's missing. Obviously, this is a "Next announce" problem as discussed earlier here. But I am so unexperienced with the Deluge that I haven't been able to identify what I need to do. Here a description below:

I have a number of torrents who should be seeded (reseeded), forever or with some type of limitation. It seems to work fine locally in my client - all torrents are up and active - but not with the tracker. The problem seems to be that the "Next announce" is left empty after a while, which obviously implies that the client doesn't send announcements to the tracker anymore. The annuncement interval is originally initialised with the setting received from tracker, which is 45 minutes in my case.

Startup works fine, the announcement are set accordingly as well as the "Next announce" time. The tracker status is set to "Announce OK".

It seems that when the first "Next announcement" occurs the Deluge performs the first "Next announce". then it is performed, but the tracker status returned is either "Announce OK" or "Announce sent" and the field "Next announce" time is left empty (no time is given and no further announcements are sent to the tracker as far as I can see. Locally seeds are still said to be in "Seeding" state. But the tracker "forgets" my active seeds after a while as no renewing announce is sent within the interval time limit.

I think that this description will make it obvious what happens and what the problem is. It doesn't seem that any seeding limitation has occured for stopping seeding and I haven't been able to find out what libtorrent parameter to adjust could be (the ItConfig plugin).

All torrents are private and are marked as being private. I have also been instructed to turn off the DHT to avoid unwanted announcements to possibly other trackers than the private one I use. I use only one one tracker in this Deluge application - no torrents concerning other trackers are present.

Can someone help me with some tip/tricks in this matter regarding Deluge configuration I wound be grateful!

Many thaks in advance for your support!

Axel
Shryp

Re: The "Next announce" problem again

Post by Shryp »

You might want to try upgrading your libtorrent version. That handles the main functionality.
Axel48
New User
New User

Post by Axel48 »

Thank you. I am currently using the following versions:

Deluge Client: 1.3.11
libtorrent: 0.16.18.0

I experienced in ItConfig that the active_tracker_limit was predefined to 1600. And I got hung om 0 seeds and 1600 downloads active after startup (a process which takes many hours prior the active state has got stabilised with the tracker).

I have increased this setting to active_tracker_limit=10000 and restarted Deluge. It seems to have effect, if persistent I don't know yet.

Meanwhile I will check out if there is a newer libtorrent available and then how to upgrade. Thanks!
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

If you are using Windows there is a thread about it. For linux you will have to add the ppa or build from source.

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 12&t=50735
Axel48
New User
New User

Post by Axel48 »

Thanks, I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate so you are on the proper road with hinting to this thread!

To me, it seems that everything is working fine but the reissuance of the "Next announce" statement. Nothing happens, the time when the "Next announce" should appear seems to simply be deleted and I don't understand why yet. I do not see any reason for deleting the value set for when the "Next announce" will appear... Yes, this malfunction still shows up.