Deluge (TC W8.1) speedlimit presets in status bar

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
faxij
New User
New User

Deluge (TC W8.1) speedlimit presets in status bar

Post by faxij »

Hi all,

I've been searching for a few days and found nothing - so hopefully my asking here is alright and I haven't missed the obvious answer.

I previously used utorrent on a windows 7 machine and one very handy feature was the "speed list" - in the status bar, I could click the speed limit and choose from an array of self-chosen presets.

Now I have setup Deluge - with the Daemon running on a Ubuntu box (14.04) and accessing with a Win 8.1 thin client.

I can see that in the status bar, I can also pick presets for down- and upload speed rate limits.
However I've only managed to change the maximum setting via the settings.

My question is - can I change the given presets of 5, 10, 30 and 80 kb (I think those were the values)?
I'd like to save presets i.e. 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 8000. Is this possible and if yes, how so?
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Deluge (TC W8.1) speedlimit presets in status bar

Post by doadin »

This is not currently possible at least not in a good way. You could try changing the presets as they come from the config file in the appdata folder, however im thinking deluge is just going to overwrite those values at some point after that on its own when either you hit apply in settings for something else or restart deluge. You could try also setting the config file read-only after changing the preset values however if you try and change settings 1 it wont stick 2 it could cause crashes which could lead to data loss.

So like i said no real good option however the ground work is there for such a feature(shouldnt be too challenging) and maybe the devs will add it in. However deluge is a bit short on devs atm so be patient. You asked maybe one day you shall receive. :D
faxij
New User
New User

Re: Deluge (TC W8.1) speedlimit presets in status bar

Post by faxij »

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Just figured, if there is such a function with presets it must be customizable. Shame I was wrong there! I'll keep on hoping then :)