Computer shut down due to power outage-- now no torrents

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
delugeir
New User
New User

Computer shut down due to power outage-- now no torrents

Post by delugeir »

Using Client: 1.3.11/libtorrent: 0.16.18.0 on a windows 8.1 machine.

Today the power shut off for a minute in the neighborhood and the computer shut down.
When it came back up, and deluge autostarted with windows, NONE of my torrents are listed anymore.
I looked in C:\Users\Cxxxxs\AppData\Roaming\deluge\state and all of the .torrent files are still there, but the client won't load them.

This happened when I was seeding like 4 of them once, and I manually reloaded them, now I'm seeding over 150. and really don't want to have to go thru and reload each one manually.

Any suggestions to get them back?

Thanks.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Computer shut down due to power outage-- now no torrents

Post by doadin »

You need more than just the .torrent files what you want to look for also is torrents.fastresume and torrents.state both should have a .bak which is a backup of those and they may hold a better version of the state your client was in before the power loss.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

doadin wrote:You need more than just the .torrent files what you want to look for also is torrents.fastresume and torrents.state both should have a .bak which is a backup of those and they may hold a better version of the state your client was in before the power loss.
That sounds good in theory, but looking at my state folder, mine doesn't make backup files so not sure if he will have those.
delugeir
New User
New User

Post by delugeir »

I have the torrents.fastresume and torrent.state, but no .bak files.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

delugeir wrote:I have the torrents.fastresume and torrent.state, but no .bak files.
My .fastresume is 2399 KB and my .state is 65 KB. Are yours similar or are yours 0 bytes? If yours are 0 bytes then they are definitely corrupted.

While it doesn't address your current problem or the fact that apparently deluge doesn't use backup or temporary files when writing to certain things you should look into getting a UPS for your computer. It will use a battery to keep the computer on if something happens to the power and if the power stays off for an extended duration it will shut your computer down cleanly.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

Mine are 2MB and 1MB and thats with 360 torrents added.

And i guess if it crashed before it made the backup then ur done lol. However it doesnt delete the backup after a session so so should have somehting uless you just started useing deluge.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

doadin wrote:Mine are 2MB and 1MB and thats with 360 torrents added.

And i guess if it crashed before it made the backup then ur done lol. However it doesnt delete the backup after a session so so should have somehting uless you just started useing deluge.
I am running 1.3.11 on Windows 7 right now with 49 torrents and my state folder has no backups.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

hmmm maybe its a deluge 1.4.0-dev thing or maybe newer libtorrent thing. Im on deluge 1.4.0 with libtorrent 1.0.5 and mine has backups.
delugeir
New User
New User

Post by delugeir »

The fastresume file is 1,705kb but the other is only 1kb.

What do I do make deluge see it?

Yes, I know about UPS and had one until relatively recently... I live in Ecuador now and the battery on mine finally died... I can't find a replacement and a new one is about three times the cost down here.
delugeir
New User
New User

Post by delugeir »

Well, I guess I'll get started restoring them manually.... now I wish I hadn't subdivided their locations into so many different drives. *click *click *click *click *click *click *click *click *click *click *click *click *click (ad nauseum)