deluged not downloading - not sure how to troubleshoot

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
dma0
New User
New User

deluged not downloading - not sure how to troubleshoot

Post by dma0 »

Hi there. I'm trying to set up deluged and deluge-web on a headless server running Ubuntu 14.04. As the server is behind a firewall, the first thing I did was to install and run the current deluge client on the server. I eventually figured out the proper rules to set up on the firewall and it was working just fine. FWIW, I set it up to use SOCKS5 with authentication.

My next step was to install deluged as an upstart service, following the instructions at http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/User ... ce/Upstart. Everything seemed to go OK - no weird messages, etc. Just for good measure, I rebooted.

I then tried to connect from a browser on a different machine but on the local LAN (i.e. behind the firewall) using port 8112 - i.e. http://[server ip address]:8112. It indicated that the web client was Connected to Host 127.0.0.1:58846 Version 1.3.11. I made sure that the config settings were exactly the same as on the instance of deluge I had set up earlier.

So far, so good, it seemed. I then tried adding a torrent through the web client. That also went fine, but unfortunately then nothing happened. The torrent doesn't progress. The tabs at the bottom can't be selected - all grayed out (i.e. Status, Details, Files Peers Options) - and don't indicate anything. Not surprisingly, connections and bandwidth are at zero.

Reviewing the logs don't seem to suggest anything problematic - here's /var/lib/deluge/daemon.log:

Code: Select all

[WARNING ] 08:56:23 torrentmanager:753 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/state/torrents.fastresume'
[WARNING ] 08:56:23 torrentmanager:299 Unable to open /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/state/ad708b6f3fff08f2ac42c8d76b539659072eb2a8.torrent: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/state/ad708b6f3fff08f2ac42c8d76b539659072eb2a8.torrent'
[WARNING ] 08:56:23 torrentmanager:324 Unable to delete the fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/state/ad708b6f3fff0
And here's /var/lib/deluge/web.log:

Code: Select all

[WARNING ] 08:56:22 config:361 Unable to open config file /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/hostlist.conf.1.2: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/deluge/.config
I've also reviewed the firewall and proxy logs - nothing unusual seems to come up.

I've looked through the FAQ (for troubleshooting tips), searched the forums and tried googling, but haven't been able to figure out how to fix this, due in part that there doesn't seem to be any obvious error code or message or anything.

Can anyone perhaps point me in the right direction to figure out out how I might diagnose what's going on and, hopefully, fix it?
Shryp

Re: deluged not downloading - not sure how to troubleshoot

Post by Shryp »

You have to select the torrent first to get access to the grayed out tabs.

Is the torrent started? You can have them added as paused to begin with. Could also be that the tracker is offline for that torrent, try another.
dma0
New User
New User

Re: deluged not downloading - not sure how to troubleshoot

Post by dma0 »

Thanks very much for the note. Just FYI I did select the torrent. Not exactly sure what had happened but eventually it just started working after a week or so and a couple of reboots.