Errors showing up as tracker host, but not error "State"

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
cross

Errors showing up as tracker host, but not error "State"

Post by cross »

I'm using deluge 1.3.11 on FreeBSD, libtorrent 0.16.19.0, installed from ports. I'm viewing the web interface with Safari, but given the issue, I don't think browser is likely to be significant.

I have two torrents that are reporting errors. However both of these torrents show up in the web interface as "Seeding", with the blue droplet icon. In addition, they are showing up under a new "Error" tracker host. Many other torrents from the same tracker host (let's call it "thost2.com" for the purpose of this thread) are listed under thost2.com in the Tracker Host filter sidebar.

If I select one of these torrents, and look at the Status tab at the bottom, the "Tracker Status" reports: "thost2.com: Error: unregistered torrent". Now, this is a known and correct error for this particular torrent, because it got taken off of the tracker.

My question is, from the main view without filtering anything, I see these torrents in the count for "Seeding", and there is nothing with a red droplet, and Error shows a count of 0.

This seems to be a bug. I would like to see these show up as in an error state, so I would know to fix them. It is only because I happened to open the "Tracker Host" filter section that I even saw that a few were listed under some tracker called "Error".

I was going to report this as a bug in Trac, but the Trac page captcha isn't letting me register an account right now. Just keeps giving an error. So I thought I'd try here.
cross

Re: Errors showing up as tracker host, but not error "State"

Post by cross »

I think I see the cause of the incorrect tracker name. Looking at

Code: Select all

deluge-console info
, I see one of the torrents in question with it's last line saying:
Tracker status: thost2.com: Error: unregistered torrent
Clearly, the parser for which tracker it's running on is using the second ":", rather than the first. I'll try to dive into the code to find that...

As to why that same torrent is showing

Code: Select all

State: Seeding,
I don't have a guess yet.