Save location. running deluged on Raspberry Pi

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Ken_C

Save location. running deluged on Raspberry Pi

Post by Ken_C »

Im Running deluged on a Raspberry Pi 2 that's running Raspbian wheezy. I would like the daemon to download to and save to a network drive. Im running the UI on my windows 7 laptop. when I specify the path to the network drive in preferences, deluge creates a directory on the pi with the same path as the network drive instead of using the network drive. maybe this is due to the fact that I dont know much about working in a linux environment. can someone tell me how to make this work? deluge seems to be prefixing the path with /home/pi even though the network drive (a samba share) is mounted within the environment running on the pi.
rthomas529

Re: Save location. running deluged on Raspberry Pi

Post by rthomas529 »

I have identical issue. Deluge is very unclear on the file path need for the share.

My pi mount path is /mnt/share/
My win 8 share is \\192.168.x.x\Videos

When I access my thin client on Win8 I am able to download to the pi /mnt/share but not my win 8 share. However I can freely share files from the pi and win machine.

What is the correct file path for the "Download to:" folder?

What I want to do is have the pi simply direct deluge to download the files through the pi and save them on my share location.

Can we please skip the permission issues as I have already ruled these out.