Empty client window

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
ForeignerinPhils

Empty client window

Post by ForeignerinPhils »

I am running deluge server in a docker container, on a Slackware server. I run the client on an ArchLinux desktop. Both server and client are at 1.3.11.

Earlier today, I performed a pacman -Syu on my desktop machine, and rebooted.

Following the reboot, the following errors were produced when I attempted to launch the client:

Code: Select all

[peter@desktop AURBuilds]$ deluge
:0: UserWarning: You do not have a working installation of the service_identity module: 'No module named service_identity'.  Please install it from <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/service_identity> and make sure all of its dependencies are satisfied.  Without the service_identity module and a recent enough pyOpenSSL to support it, Twisted can perform only rudimentary TLS client hostname verification.  Many valid certificate/hostname mappings may be rejected.
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/queuedtorrents.py:60: Warning: The property GtkDialog:has-separator is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
  "glade/queuedtorrents.glade"))
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/listview.py:250: GtkWarning: gtk_tree_model_sort_set_sort_column_id: assertion 'header != NULL' failed
  self.treeview.get_model().set_sort_column_id(column_state.sort, column_state.sort_order)

(deluge:2160): libglade-WARNING **: unknown attribute `swapped' for <signal>.
I fetched the python2-service-identity module from the ArchLinux repositories.

Then deluge client still produces an empty, unresponsive, window but the service-identity module error has gone away:

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/queuedtorrents.py:60: Warning: The property GtkDialog:has-separator is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/listview.py:250: GtkWarning: gtk_tree_model_sort_set_sort_column_id: assertion 'header != NULL' failed
  self.treeview.get_model().set_sort_column_id(column_state.sort, column_state.sort_order)

(deluge:2262): libglade-WARNING **: unknown attribute `swapped' for <signal>.
The deluge server process is still running and is accessible via the web interface.

I have tried removing the .lock file on the desktop client, but that makes no difference. If I delete the gtkui.conf file, the deluge client will start, but locks up as soon as I turn off the 'classic' interface and point it at the server.

I have tried stopping and restarting the docker container on the server.

I'm not sure where to look now - is the problem on the server or on the client? How can I resolve it?
ForeignerinPhils

Re: Empty client window

Post by ForeignerinPhils »

Does any one recognise these error messages, and can suggest where I start looking to resolve the issue?

(I presume that these messages shouldn't be present, and are the reason that no details appear in the desktop client window.)
ForeignerinPhils wrote:

(deluge:2262): libglade-WARNING **: unknown attribute `swapped' for <signal>.