Protocol error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
pigdog
New User
New User

Protocol error

Post by pigdog »

I have deluged running on an Ubuntu server.
Deluge Daemon 1.3.10
Ubuntu Server 14.10

When I start a torrent, it will attempt to download, might even succeed for a small percentage of the file, but will then stop and then the progress bar will show "error".

I've set logs to debug to find out what's wrong, and the only indication of error I can find is:

Code: Select all

[DEBUG   ] 18:39:07 alertmanager:123 file_error_alert: [HorribleSubs] Ghost in the Shell Arise - Alternative Architecture - 01 [1080p].mkv file (/mnt/MediaShare/New/[HorribleSubs] Ghost in the Shell Arise - Alternative Architecture - 01 [1080p].mkv) error: Protocol error
[DEBUG   ] 18:39:07 alertmanager:123 torrent_error_alert: [HorribleSubs] Ghost in the Shell Arise - Alternative Architecture - 01 [1080p].mkv ERROR: Protocol error
I've tried my best to find answers online but I've come up with nothing. Is anyone able to help me solve this?

Thanks!
gerikson
New User
New User

Re: Protocol error

Post by gerikson »

That exact torrent works great for me ;)

What if you try to download for example a Linux distro? From for example http://linuxtracker.org/. That should eliminate any issues with tracker passwords or IDs.
pigdog
New User
New User

Post by pigdog »

I've tried with a few different torrents from different trackers, and I still get the same error. For referece:

Code: Select all

[DEBUG   ] 23:15:17 alertmanager:123 file_error_alert: ubuntu-14.10-desktop-i386.iso file (/mnt/MediaShare/New/ubuntu-14.10-desktop-i386.iso) error: Protocol error
[DEBUG   ] 23:15:17 alertmanager:123 torrent_error_alert: ubuntu-14.10-desktop-i386.iso ERROR: Protocol error
controle1992

Post by controle1992 »

i have the same problem please help