Force Recheck not fixing errors

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Diaboyos
New User
New User

Force Recheck not fixing errors

Post by Diaboyos »

I'm new to Deluge so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not.

I'm used to Force Recheck finding errors then continuing to download whatever pieces needed to be re-downloaded. This is not happening for me with Deluge (1.3.11). I can do a Force Recheck and it finds an error at say 72% then it just sits there and doesn't actually fix it. Clicking resume does nothing. I can click pause and change the message next to it from Error to Paused but I still can't get the resume button to get it to start downloading again. How do I get force recheck to work and actually fix the torrent?
Diaboyos
New User
New User

Re: Force Recheck not fixing errors

Post by Diaboyos »

OK here's what I did to fix this problem for anyone else that may be having it.

1. Right click the torrent and choose Move Storage.
2. Remove the torrent with data.
3. Open the torrent again but save it to where you moved it in step 1 (open in paused state).
4. Force Re-check.

Doing this caused it to check it then actually start downloading again when the check was complete. I don't know if the torrent will actually work when it finishes after all this though.
Diaboyos
New User
New User

Post by Diaboyos »

OK the torrent worked after changing the save location and doing a force recheck and completing the download.

Can someone in support help me with this? Why do I have to change the save location before force recheck will fix a torrent? Thx.
Diaboyos
New User
New User

Post by Diaboyos »

I'd like to take this time to send a heartfelt thank you to the Deluge support staff for creating this wonderful website where their customers can ask for help and be totally and completely ignored. Outstanding job guys!